InWall Tank ideas . . .

which option do you think would look best . . .(read details in thread)

• Have a nice 6' tank centered on 7' wall

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Have a 4' tank centered on each wall

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Have a 6' tank on 7' wall initially and later possibly add a 4' tank on 6' wall

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Get a custom "L" tank made

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Get a custom "Corner" tank made that's Diamond shaped 4' x 4'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • your OWN idea.. put it into the THREAD

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Allen - what your timeline for getting the new tanks up, if all goes as planned?

I honestly don't know. I'm putting this cart WAY ahead of my horse here LOL!

The Architect is working on the Roof structure now and elevations. I'd like to think I'll have something for the bank in less than a month. If (that's a BIG if with today's financial situation and banks NOT lending...) we get the loan we're ready to start any time. In fact I'm working on the land tomorrow with some friends just clearing and doing the MAN THANG! Chainsaws... GRUNT GRUNT!!

Shamus

This rocks! I love the idea of putting a tank in the wall (still convincing the misses to allow us to do this one day in the VERY distant future).

I never thought about a front access to the tank but see how this would make great sense. I wonder if building those two walls more out of a wood finish (sort of like cabinetry) might allow you to have a 'cabinet' above the tank that has doors with full open access as well, or was moveable in some way.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I never thought about a front access to the tank but see how this would make great sense. I wonder if building those two walls more out of a wood finish (sort of like cabinetry) might allow you to have a 'cabinet' above the tank that has doors with full open access as well, or was moveable in some way.

That's how many people do this. When using "Wood" components you can hide the panel within the wood.

Unfortunately these walls will be drywall with "Knock-Down". We're planning to have it a "Picture Framed" only. I'll analyze that more when the time comes :)

Shamus

That's how many people do this. When using "Wood" components you can hide the panel within the wood.

Unfortunately these walls will be drywall with "Knock-Down". We're planning to have it a "Picture Framed" only. I'll analyze that more when the time comes :)

It'll definitely be sweet! Can't wait to sit back and watch!

TK-229

Keeping a close eye on this too add to my "some day" plan to do this as well.

Just wanted to add, in my plan I made sure to design in proper power availability for future as well as connections to the phone and home pc network. I even planned power for a small fridge/freezer for foods etc.

mattdean

Are you doing to do a predator FOWLR? I would be careful with the water quality for the reef tank if it's connected to the FOWLR tank.

Just a thought.

Adalius

So, whats the deal, you got this thing built, installed, and cycled yet? I mean it's been like 7 days, should have it done by now, right? :D

tangerine3486

having two tanks would be neat. then one could be a specific biotype tank, or something like that. If I ever get a final set up I think I would want two display type tanks, a reef tank and a bivalve tank!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Are you doing to do a predator FOWLR? I would be careful with the water quality for the reef tank if it's connected to the FOWLR tank.

Just a thought.

Good thought but this will be a large "System". In the basement (both tanks all plumbed in) will be a 150g Sump and 150g Fuge. If I build frag/grow-out tanks they will be plumbed in as well. This will be me more flexibility as well as a large amount of water VOLUME to work with.

So, whats the deal, you got this thing built, installed, and cycled yet? I mean it's been like 7 days, should have it done by now, right? :D
If I have the HOUE built this baby would be In Process yesterday :)

having two tanks would be neat. then one could be a specific biotype tank, or something like that. If I ever get a final set up I think I would want two display type tanks, a reef tank and a bivalve tank!

That's a really neat idea. I'm going to do REEF and FOWLR so I can keep some of the not "Coral Safe" fish. Probably not a predator tank but some coral nibbling fish that I can't put into my Reef System.