IMPORTANT: Upgrading

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Travis - We know you're working hard on things and really appreciate it! It has be a real PITA trying to figure it all out! The way I look at it we didn't lose everything, and that was a blessing! Thanks for trying to make things better for all of us, even if it didn't go as smoothly as anticipated.

ReefLady

Staff member
Actually, aside from the one bump in the road where the server had to be upgraded, it's gone about as smoothly as can be expected.

:bigbounce

QuentinB

Quentin - Weird - it doesn't seem to always be the first picture of a set, but it's that way on your last few posts with multiple pictures.

When I right click on a picture to copy the properties url, and then paste in a new tab, the pictures are normally viewable by pasting the address in a new tab.

On one example, this url won't work:

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/Quentin_Ballenger/JBJ 28 CF105/Night Shots/IMG_5433.jpg

but this second picture url does:

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/Quentin_Ballenger/JBJ 28 CF105/Night Shots/IMG_5434.jpg

I can't figure it out - it's like the picture no longer exists on Photobucket. That's typical of pictures being moved or deleted in Photobucket. The only other explanation would be that the code on those pictures not showing has been corrupted by the upgrade. Even that makes no sense as going back further in your thread the first picture in a set does at times show up just fine.

I think I found it. In the first link, the percent sign is changed to html code after "JBJ". In the second link, it's still "%". I haven't moved or deleted a thing. I had gone back to the first couple pages, and like you said, with multiple pics in a post it did it, and also when someone quoted it. So yeah, I suppose the upgrade is to blame, stupid percent sign :D

Thanks for helping in investigating, Terry!

Edit: I just replaced the "%" in the first link with "%", and it worked. Go figure.

Also, yes, thanks Travis! I think this will be a good improvement...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
yep... as Joe posted
&#37 is the character code for "%" in HTML. For some reason, the old software probably stored it in HTML format and the new software is more string friendly (as most newer languages are) and interprets it as it sees it. In languages like C and C++, a lot of manipulation has to be done and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to make characters behave and form strings and sentences.. in languages like Java and VB.NET, it's much more simple. This newer software is probably much more string friendly on the back end.

looks like this happened in a couple of post...

ReefLady

Staff member
I'll research and see if there's a fix for this... good detective work guys!

Also, I'm going to start a bug tracking thread - please post any additional issues there so it's all in one place!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Is it possible to get a similar forum skin similar to the nexus blue recently offered? :D

Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Eric - it might be better to put your request in the thread linked above in post # 46. That's where Travis is trying to keep track of these things. :)

DBrinson

Looking much better even since yesterday!

We're all pulling for you Travis ... I don't mean we're doing anything ... but in spirit, we are behind you 100& 15&#37 :yup:

Christmas vacation here! :snrkl:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Eric - it might be better to put your request in the thread linked above in post # 46. That's where Travis is trying to keep track of these things. :)

Good point, I have so much going on it's hard to keep up with all these changes but the site looks great!

Jetbkk

Looks good Travis. Migration is a ***** but thanks for getting it all worked out. I'm really happy I can use the site on my iphone now with Tapatalk..