image linking from photoshop.com help

Rhodes19

Hi All,

How do I link a photo form photoshop.com? I have tried copying the img address and pasting it to my thread but when I preview it, there is no picture, just the address. I don't have this issue with photobucket. I was thinking of switching to photoshop.com because I read it is easier and quicker to use and there are no annoying frequent advertising.

I also want to resize my pictures to make them bigger but not so big to where you have to scroll to see all of the picture. I don't think I can resize the pictue any bigger than it is on photobucket, the other resizing options are for smaller picutes.

Thanks for any and all help. :)

chipmunkofdoom2

Wrap an IMG tag around it, like this:

15grzq0.jpg

Rhodes19

Hi nanoreefing4fun,

Thanks for your reply. I already use Photobucket and have no problems posting pics from there but I thought I would try using Photoshop.com. From what I understand, they host pictures as well. Its suppsed to be easier and better but I haven't figured it out yet.

Frankie

RS STAFF
There is no way to post pictures from that site Chris that I can see. I am in the help section now but the only way to share is to paste this link from the links section and people will need to go directly to the site in order to see the picture. Here is my test picture. I took this out on Kiawah:
Photoshop.com

Rhodes19

Thanks Frankie,

I've been trying for the past several hours with no luck. Thier help section shows how to do it but its not working. I think I will stick with Photobucket. Any idea how I can make my pictures bigger with Photobucket?

Frankie

RS STAFF
You can set the upload size in photobucket. YOu can only upload as big as the actual picture though. You can re-size them down but not up. Does that make sense?

Rhodes19

You can set the upload size in photobucket. YOu can only upload as big as the actual picture though. You can re-size them down but not up. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does. Let me go play with my camera for a while and make some changes. :)

Rhodes19

Well, the camera batteries died again (time for new rechargables). I'll recharge them tonight and try again tomorrow.

Rhodes19

Well, I resized the pictures on the camera and I still get the same size picture when I post them. Here are the pictures with the sizes:

3:2 (2048 x 1360)

32.jpg

vga (640 x 480)

vga.jpg

xga (1024 x 768)

xga.jpg

full (2048 x 1536)

full3.jpg

vga large (1024 x 768)

vgaLarge.jpg

Any Idea on what I am doing wrong? The only resizing options I have with photobucket is tiny (100 x 75) and small (160 x 120). Neither of which work.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Are you choosing this option... under the Get Link Code tab?

Is it checked ?

IMG for bulletin boards & forums
? Full size

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
when I choose Share, more options, Get link Code & copy the Full Size url IMG

"IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/snowdogwgm/IMG_0532goby.jpg[/IMG]"

I get this size...

IMG_0354duncan.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Maybe it is how they are uploaded then...

I just (looked) right clicked, properties, on all my pics it says...

600 x 400 pixels

Do you have any software on your PC, that you can re-size them to 600 x 400 pixels before uploading?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Have you tried clicking on the tab, Re-size at PhotoBucket & choosing Large 600 x 400 pixels? Saving that & then pasting the link code for the Larger image?

Rhodes19

Maybe it is how they are uploaded then...

I just (looked) right clicked, properties, on all my pics it says...

600 x 400 pixels

Do you have any software on your PC, that you can re-size them to 600 x 400 pixels before uploading?

Hi nanoreefing4fun,

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I just checked the properties of the pictures I uploaded and they are of different sizes. When I try to resize them in Photobucket the only options I have is Tiny 100 x 75 and small 160 x 120. I have resized some pictures to tiny and small but when I post and preview them, the turn out the same size.

Rhodes19

Got it!!! I had to go into Photobucket more options (small print under Up load button) and changed the setting. Now, any new uploads will come out bigger.

vga-1.jpg

Thanks nanoreefing4fun for getting me in the right direction. I appreciate it! :D

Chris

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Yep that it... when you upload them... :)

More Upload Options
Resize my images to:

Mine is set to.... 17" screen ( 1024 x 768 )