I'm in there like swimwear baby

Surfnut

You want 100% silicone tubing. If you cant find it at your local HW store,.. try a local or online medical supply store. The silicon tubing is very flexible. It wont kink either as long as you dont try n tweak it into a tight curve.

Phreek

ok folks got more questions for ya! 1.skim during cycling? (some say yes some say no) 2.lighting schedule for fuge? (same as DT or what?) 3. is drilling acrylic easy to do? 4. drilling pvc...like making a spray bar..how hard is it?

1. dunno
2. I like the idea that Jeremy is doing while his new tank is cycling, 24/7 on fuge & no light in the DT, seems to be working great
3 & 4. yes its easy, just make sure you use the right drill bit, trust me a concrete bit wont work, lol (I accidently tried it)

Phreek

lol well good to know michelle,the only bits i have are diamond tip bits used for cutting metal.would those work? Also whats a good clean up crew combo, so far i have nassarius snails,astrea snails, red tip hermits...anything im missing?

I would check out one of the sponsers here for the CUC. Its ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae

You can fill out a form & tell them what you have already & they can tell you what else you would need. Prices are great & the owner is awesome. Lots of people on here order from them.

Not sure about those bits, lol all I know is concrete ones wont work!

Phreek

thanks for the linka dink michelle :) anyone know where to get acrylic pieces to divide a tank so i can make my dang sump?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
1.skim during cycling? (some say yes some say no)
No. Why bother other than testing and setting things up?
I like to use the term for "cycling"

"Let it stew!"

2.lighting schedule for fuge? (same as DT or what?)
I have mine on the opposite of my Display tank. Dont' run 24/7 as thye macro needs a "rest/grow" period. I noticed a much increased growth rate when I went from 24/7 to reserve to DT.

3. is drilling acrylic easy to do?
Acrylic yes! LEXAN NO!

4. drilling pvc...like making a spray bar..how hard is it?
UBER easy! Just above difficulty in drilling through cheese cake.

Phreek

lol thanks al, i like the idea of "letting it stew" just dont like the sound of it haha.so ur sayin to have my fuge on the opposite cycle as my dt? interesting. and good to know,will diamond tipped bits be ok to use?