I'm in there like swimwear baby

Phreek

Well I officially finished my rough draft for my secret tank.Final draft soon to follow.so without giving too much away i need to know a few things.First anyone ever used microbacter7? Results? Second, how well do LED's work compared to T5's MH's..or would a combination be best? And last, where should the skimmer be placed in a sump, chamber before the return pump, first chamber after intake..?

lcstorc

No,Love them, T5 actinics depending on the LED unit (mine has actinic LED), Skimmer in first compartmant with intake.

Phreek

i like to keep it crackin like pistachios ya know? stay dipped in sauce like a mcnugget.but back to topic, so no ones used microbacter7?or has any other input on LEDs?

Phreek

got another question, does anyone know of a highly flexible tubing that is sw safe.all the tubing i have looked at is way too stiff for what i need.its for my intake and return tubing.

degibson84

got another question, does anyone know of a highly flexible tubing that is sw safe.all the tubing i have looked at is way too stiff for what i need.its for my intake and return tubing.

i found some at my local homedepot it was a ribbed tube that was flexible and the ribs wouldn't let it kink.

the also have a reinforced plastic tube that was inforced with a type of threading

Phreek

see i went to home depot and all they had was really stiff tough ugly tubing.i asked them if there was a more felxible type available and they said thats all they have.i guess ill try walmart or something

Used microbacter on a mature reef, without any results. If you are using it to cycle a new tank, I'm sure it will work about as well as any of them.

Luukosian

That flexible tubing gets a lot less stiff once it warms up a little. Put it out in the sun(if its warm where your at yet) for a couple hours and it will become a lot more flexible.

sambrinar

Results? Second, how well do LED's work compared to T5's MH's..or would a combination be best?

Well go to the link under my sig (my addiction) and check out my tank thread.. go to like the last few pages and there are some comparasion picts or coral growth from PC's to LED/T5 light combo that I have. the picts are over the last few weeks.

I have never used MH, but the LED/T5 combo light puts off much less heat from what I understand.. I shouldn't need a chiller and I am in AZ (the desert you know)

Initially I had the coral under T5's in my 12 gallon upgraded the tank to a 75 in December, move the coral over in Feb I think and they were under the PC for one month or so.. they have been under the LED/T5 combo for about 3 weeks and the growth is amazing...