i'm in love

ausreef

my MP10 arrived a couple of days ago (thanks salty supply) and i am super impressed,about half the size of the MP20/40 and the wetside is completely different as well,more like a korallia with a ceramic prop shaft so no nuts to adjust it all just clips together

its also completely silent,i have it on lagoon random at about 50% speed and night mode from 8pm-6am,great little pump,highly recommended

hallie

I agree, so much fun playing with the different modes. I have the 40 in my 250. I was playing around last night and managed to get the wave going using short pulse mode.

I run mine on Reef Crest mode at about 80 percent. Cant find any dead spots in teh tank anywhere.

Do you get any noise as it ramps up and down?

Cheers

Tim

tnwillia

ausreef.... which tank do you have? 250 owners have been wondering if a MP-10 would work in the 250 as the glass is thicker than the specs list for the MP-10. I don't think we've heard of anyone trying it. Thanks!

ausreef

Tom,i have a 130, i also have an MP20 in a 2ft cube,the 20 would be better for the 250 i would think,but i only have the MP10 on 50% power and thats plenty,you need to talk to someone whos tried both

it would be really good if the MP10's were wireless controlled like the 40, 2 in a rsm 250 would be fantastic

tnwillia

OK great, thanks for the info. I'm getting an MP-40 this month. I know many say it's to much power but with it being adjustible I'd rather have to much and turn it down. Been thinking about putting an MP-20 on the other side with it but I'll see how things work out. Good luck with your tanks!

dmyers557

MP10 is the best thing to come out IMHO. I love mine in my 130. I run short pulse at almost 100% and have awsome waves and water movement.

reefjeff

haven t been able to create a nice vawe yet, i use reef crest at 65% and loves it, it is an amazing pump !! thanks richard at saltysupply
peace
jeff

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
From a 250 owner I know:

"I bought an mp10 last week and fitted it to the bottom back of the tank to shift some of the dirt, it works a treat. I never thought I would need another pump but I do."

Based on that it seems like it should work on the 250 glass thickness?

tnwillia

Now I'm wondering about the back wall thickness as it is a different piece of glass from the front wrap-a-round. This may be another reason to get rid of the power center..... Hmmm.