I-Spy stuck?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Travis, (or any Admin/Mod)

I'm having some RS issues.

#1 I don't know why but my I-Spy is not operative. In order to get updates I have to refresh the screen and then it's minimal (not totally up to date).

#2 Some of my "formatting" tools don't work. Like when I click on the "BOLD" instead on inserting the "syntax" to BOLD something it starts up my FireFox "Bookmarks" tab to the left.

I'm sure it's something on MY end because it's not happening on my PC (use my laptop 99% of the time) and it doesn't happen on my work PC. Just wondering if there is a "Setting" I've over looked.

I've confirmed AntiVirus is up to date and scans come back clean....

Updated and scanned with Anti-Spyware programs and still no luck.

Not made any "System" or other changes recently so it's not something like that.....

Any ideas?

Windows XP Pro
1Gb Ram
80Gb HDD
FireFox 2.0.0.12 (most current)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah I was afraid of that! I've tested, scanned and updated everything I can think of. This happened one time before on my laptop and it "resolved" itself in a few days so maybe it will again.... ggrrrrrrr

thanks for your input :)

mps9506

Sorry I can't help Al, I'm on Firefox and Ubuntu here and all features are working fine for me.

kathywithbirds

I'm on firefox and it's fine, on my laptop on vista.

Actually, now you mention it, troubles with teh PC started while I was on firefox... kept shutting the computer down.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm on FireFox on my home PC and my work PC... it's something to do with my laptop and I can't seem to figure it out.. SOME computer nerd I am.. LOL!!

Kathy FireFox is so strong "security wise" I don't use IE except for Windows Updates. :) There's just a setting or something off on my laptop but it only happens with a couple of things with RS. I've noticed no other "ill behavior" on any other sites. Then again I don't DO to many other sites :lol:

tbittner

I used to use firefox excuslively, but with IE 7, I've given up firefox. I really like IE 7.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Not to be rude or crude but the NUMBER of "Vulnerabilities" between FF and ANYTHING from MS is so lop-sided that you'd be silly to stick with the MS products. I'm not saying that FF is the perfect solution and honestly I wish FEWER people even knew about it... it's all about the #'s.... if (and I stress IF) I were writing code to affect the most # of people with the least amount of effort I would write it for the browser that comes installed in EVERY new PC or ANY pc that has Windows installed on it (Internet Explorer). This way I get the biggest "Bang for my buck".

Now that FF is wide spread more "writers" are giving it more direct attention and exploiting it. It's still better than anything coming from Uncle Bill and his croonies :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh I did not see that Mark! Opps! Yeah it's enabled! Not sure what's the deal there. This evening I'm going to go back and remove the latest Windows Update and go from there. I'm sort of lost at the moment but since it's at home I don't have to worry about it right now :)

mps9506

It sounds like a java issue Al.
Maybe check for updates there? I'm suprised you aren't on Linux, of all people on this forum :)