I.D. this green looking thing

vrr

i was doing a water change and noticed something green down in a hole i pulled the rock up to see and well i dont know what it is can anyone id it and how do i get it gone016.JPG

It looks like this one weed I used to have of course now that you asked the name slips away...mine had tiny bubbles on it and spread like wild fire very annoying...I did a lot of research and found out that the more you pull it out the worse it becomes the send out little seeds thats help it spread..I pulled my rock out and removed it with tweezers then washed it with some salt water that I had made up just to insure the eggs did not transfer then put it into the tank again...I'm sure I'll wake up at 3am and remember the name...lol good luck

vrr

the pic isnt that great but yea there are a bunch of bubble like thing on it its leaving my tank thats for sure

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It's a type of algae. I had it my tank initially but once cycled and tank parameters became stable, it disappeared on it's own.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Neomeris annulata or Q Tip algae, some love it, some hate it, bugger to be rid of either way lol

vrr

When i looked around on the internet, I found that what I have looks like Neomeris annulata. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It's on a rock that I can easily pick up and remove.
Also, did anyone notice in my post I said think and not thing..

steved13

PREMIUM
When i looked around on the internet, I found that what I have looks like Neomeris annulata. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It's on a rock that I can easily pick up and remove.
Also, did anyone notice in my post I said think and not thing..

Sas says it's hard to get rid of, but I thought I remembered reading it didn't stay around very long usually.

This is where I saw it: Melevsreef.com - Neomeris annulata the pic here makes it look really nice also.

It says "thing" not think? :D

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Forget all the algae talk... It's neon green snail poop... And that is my scientifically unscientific opinion... Lol.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
as others have said above... Melevsreef.com - Neomeris annulata

Neomeris annulata

annulata.jpg

vrr

I pulled out the rock and scraped it off with some saltwater. I don't really want it in my tank so I hope it doesn't come back. Thanks for all of the input and changing think to thing. :)