I Am In The Dog House!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Happiness is priceless~ .... and at least I don't have a bad hangover in the morning.. LOL~

I like blueSpotJawfish's idea of going cold turkey. I am just not sure if I could.. hahaha :rolleyes:

rebekwl

My husband and I have put ourselves on tank punishment. We are not allowed to buy anything for the tank for a few weeks. HA! We'll see hoe that goes. We just talked about it a couple of days ago and he's already talking about adding an auto top off this weekend!!! It's uncontrollable!!! :invisible

lcstorc

There is no way I want to know the total. It is way way more than I originally intended. That "complete" system for $600 was probably a tenth of what I have spent at this point. I don't know and don't want to know. I just make sure to bring home something "for" my husband when I am bad at the LFS.

Also a note for Woodstock. You can't stay away and you know it. Just wait till you get to FL next time. I have 3 new lfs for you already. :)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I can relate Rebekah! :rolleyes:

Great news Lynn! LFS rock~
BTW.. I am going to buy a lottery ticket soon. If it is a winner, I will be moving down there immediately! :D

kathywithbirds

Wow! I am forewarned.

my hubby has a very involved HD/computer/stereo (and I dunno what else) setup -- I can't work the remote!!! So I have a built-in comeback for spending!!!

DrHank

Never keep receipts and practice this phrase till you have it down cold. "But I just had to have it honey and it only cost $20 on e-bay". Don't blame me if it doesn't work!

Frankie

RS STAFF
This thread is dangerous!
Lets just say that when my wife asks me for some cash i just hand over the wallet. Much easier that way for when i come home with a new bag of water at night thinking i am getting it in the sump without her knowing it. :)
My lfs even stopped offering me the receipts!

*Standing up from chair*
HI, my name is RJ and I am addicted the Aquatic Hobby. Before the Hobby I was a fabricator with Wicked Concpts, worked with FX Auto and Rossi. Building Custom Cars, Trucks and Cycles. I was very passionate about cars and bikes. I was very active, going to races and shows such as HOTIMPORT NIGHTS and SLP Show Offs. I had a nice house, made good money and partied all the time.

But since this hobby all of that has changed. I no longer think about StrokerMotors and Hooker Tires. In fact I no longer go to Custom shows or to Races....
*Wipping*
I no longer get pulled over and get hand fulls of tickets...

Now! All I think about is the next bigger tank, what innovative DIY system can I come up with, I Day Dream of my fish room to be with a 7,000g monster tank. I dont go out- I stay home and do water changes, playing with my tanks. Instead of shows, its the LFS. Instead of Cams its Skimmers, instead of hot girls on the hoods of cars, its coral on top of Live Rock. I dont make payments for my Tickets now, I make payments for my Berlin Filter...

And the worst part of all....*Grown Man Crying...*...Im happier then ever..*for Joy*...

So I wont be coming back to the Reefoholics again...Im happy I have spent over $8,000 this year....
( thats when I stoped keeping score it dosent matter how much you spend as long as you had fun spending it...LOL)

LOL...thats my story...and by the way, thats what I tell my other 1/2 Im doing on the computer...Theropy.LOL

reefsilly

never hold on to incriminating evidence (reciepts)
I am a women and very very good at this. :yup:
I pay with check, credit and cash ; all my reciepts go in the trash at the lfs.
4 tanks later; I don't have a clue and don't want too. :lookaroun
When my husband see's something new "I get the look" and play it off; Oh it's been in there just moved it. When that dosn't work it's guilt trip time.:whstlr:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
*Standing up from chair*
HI, my name is RJ and I am addicted the Aquatic Hobby. Before the Hobby I was a fabricator with Wicked Concpts, worked with FX Auto and Rossi. Building Custom Cars, Trucks and Cycles. I was very passionate about cars and bikes. I was very active, going to races and shows such as HOTIMPORT NIGHTS and SLP Show Offs. I had a nice house, made good money and partied all the time.

But since this hobby all of that has changed. I no longer think about StrokerMotors and Hooker Tires. In fact I no longer go to Custom shows or to Races....
*Wipping*
I no longer get pulled over and get hand fulls of tickets...

Now! All I think about is the next bigger tank, what innovative DIY system can I come up with, I Day Dream of my fish room to be with a 7,000g monster tank. I dont go out- I stay home and do water changes, playing with my tanks. Instead of shows, its the LFS. Instead of Cams its Skimmers, instead of hot girls on the hoods of cars, its coral on top of Live Rock. I dont make payments for my Tickets now, I make payments for my Berlin Filter...

And the worst part of all....*Grown Man Crying...*...Im happier then ever..*for Joy*...

So I wont be coming back to the Reefoholics again...Im happy I have spent over $8,000 this year....
( thats when I stoped keeping score it dosent matter how much you spend as long as you had fun spending it...LOL)

LOL...thats my story...and by the way, thats what I tell my other 1/2 Im doing on the computer...Theropy.LOL

:cry1: GO ON BROTHA!!!!

Snelly40

NO IDEA what i have spent, dont want to know, but its easily in the thousands, i would guess anywhere around 4-6k, but who knows.
I love it its all worth it :)

Great comments. I think I have found a few more lines to use in case of a spending spree.. Hello Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper II, I will be ordering this week........ LOL