I am here to learn and be part of the gang

Rene

Hi All,

I recently had new carpets installed and had to take down my 100 gallon fresh water tank. After finding new homes for some of my larger fishes, I had to take the rest to the LFS. Hubby had a thought...let's go salt. So here I am, researching.

Please be kind to me as I can ask alot of stupid questions cnfzd:

Rene

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:hallo:Welcome to the Sanctuary Rene. There are no stupid questions, and I promise we will be nice to you!:D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
No questions are stupid.. we've asked them ALL!

Kudos for you and hubby for researching FIRST! Read and Read and READ! The more you know before hand the better off you, your tank and your WALLET will be in the end.

Good luck and WELCOME to the REEF!!
Allen

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi Rene Welcome to RS! first question goes to you. Have you ever used copper treatments in that tank?. Steve

DrHank

:welcomera :hallo: You're at the right place. The folks here will all help. Of all the questions I've seen here, I cant say that I've ever seen a dumb or stupid one. I doubt that you'll be able to come up with one either. We all want to see you succeed and will do all we can to help you do just that.

Taking your time and doing the research (as you are) is the way to go. If you aren't sure, ask. Also, I hate to say it (but have to) don't take the word that you get from your LFS as gospel. Better to go in knowing what you want to do and what you need than to just listen and follow their advice blindly.

A good staff at a good store will try to help but remember they are there to separate you from your cash. Just a word to the wise.

You may want to start out by letting us know what type of tank you would like to have. Fish Only, Fish Only With Live Rock, or Reef. That will let us know how to better help you.

Rene

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Steve
Hi Rene Welcome to RS! first question goes to you. Have you ever used copper treatments in that tank?.
No I have never used copper treatment. Only treated it with ICK once and used Melafix once and that was well over 2 years ago.

ScubaDrew

Welcome aboard!

Some ICK treatments contain copper - I'm sure someone will recommend testing the tank for it.

I'm new here also, you've found an amazing resource!

Drew

Welcome this is a great place to get info on saltwater reef tanks and don't worry about the dumb ?'s be cause I ask them all the time and they still help me ;)

junnie

Welcome to RS, A good way to start would be to know what you want. fish only, fish with live rock or reef. Know your fish you want. some work will with each (and reefs) other some dont.

Good luck.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome. :) This is not a "flame war" site so your going to get nothing but tons of love and good advice. The worse kind of question is the one not asked imo. Have fun building your new system!

hma

Welcome Rene...

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers ..... we help always with pleasure and so well we be able to do it.

Jason25

Welcome, I am new to SW as well and ask a ton of questions, everyone here is great and answer all my questions and if they can't they tell me where to find my answers. You have found an excellent place to get help.

michael_cb_125

Everyone her is very hekpful, I dont know where I would be without the help of my RS friends. Youve found "THE" place for SW help.

caitrina

yeah, yeah, yeah, what they all said! Now on with my welcome. :wave: welcome to RS. glad to have ya, dive in the water is fine, just simply wonderful. One note of advice, make certain you have a camera because somewhere a long the line as you build up your tank someone is going to say got pics? Well, IMO I would start right now, grab partner, stand in front of empty tank and take a pic. Yeah, they really are sticklers for pics here. All joking aside this site is good and yeah so are the people.