HUGE Skimmer for Sale!!

Jeremy0322

Jeremy, I think you have more then enough posts. Could this be a premium membership issue?

Pulled this from the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE THREAD" they have on the forum for selling...

""You must have 50 posts in "real" forums (ie, not the Lounge, or the Selling and Trading forums) and have been registered for 90 days before you can create threads in the selling or trading areas. ""

SemperSaint

There's not to many people with a dedicated fish room so it's going to be hard to sell it, but before you just give it a way try putting it on Reef Central.

I'm buying it from him. I built a tank room in one side of my two-car garage and have my 240 and 75 gallon tanks in the walls. All maintenance is done from inside the room, so I can have that skimmer running on my 240 and out of sight.

Semper

Jeremy0322

Sounds like a nice setup. I took pictures today when it was full of water so if you want them give me an email address and I will get them to you

SemperSaint

Trying to get there. All those years in the Marines kept me moving so much that I couldn't stay in one spot long enough for reefkeeping. I always just did FOWLR. So, I'm a newbie to the reef stuff, but making sure I have all the appropriate gear to go forward. Next will be a calcium reactor suitable for the 240.

Jeremy0322

Trying to get there. All those years in the Marines kept me moving so much that I couldn't stay in one spot long enough for reefkeeping. I always just did FOWLR. So, I'm a newbie to the reef stuff, but making sure I have all the appropriate gear to go forward. Next will be a calcium reactor suitable for the 240.

Sadly I dont have one of those or I would be more than happy to sell you one haha.

SemperSaint

Jeremy,
I connected the skimmer to a 1hp Hayward pool pump. It seems to work pretty well. I modified the collection cup to drain into a jug because watter would always spill out from the neck. I had to silicone the collection cup into the neck of the skimmer. So far so good. Here's a pic.

skimmerworking.jpg

Jeremy0322

Looking very nice, I was told it was going to skim like a beast but was never able to see it in person! Glad its working for you, let me know if you need anything else.