HUGE Skimmer for Sale!!

Jeremy0322

I bought this after christmas for the new tank but after thinking about it for months I have FINALLY decided its much more than I need. From what I have heard and read it has the ability to skim a 500 gallon tank, which is overkill for a 90 gallon. I would like $200, but make me an offer and we can go from there.

This skimmer was DIY from there person I bought it from, and the closest skimmer I can find in comparison are these (going by size, recommended pump size, and general build design)
Precision Marine Bullet-3 Protein Skimmer
Precision Marine Bullet XL Model One Protein Skimmer

CIMG5445.jpg

It will need a pump too, but there are a bunch of pumps out there that can run it, such as an Iwaki MD55RLT, PanWorld 150PS, Gen-X PCx40, and a couple otheres.

Jeremy0322

Guess you probably don't have any pictures of it in action if you never had a pump right?

Sadly I do not. I bought it from Nikkipigtails, she was on this site for a while but I dont see her around too much anymore, but she said it was an awesome skimmer and she ran it with an iwaki md55rlt, i asked for pictures of it running from her but the only ones she could get were all fuzzy because of where it was located in relation to her tank and the wall.

I have some dimensions for it aswell if anyone is insterested in them.

Red bottom Mixer Box - 11.5" long x 7" wide x 8" tall
Floor to Top of collection cup - 33" tall
Floor to Top of Intake tube - 38" tall
Acrylic Tube Diameter - 6"
Acrylic Diameter - 3"
1" PVC going in, 2" PVC coming out with a gate valve.

Luukosian

Oh, seems like a nice skimmer just figured you would be able to sell it a little easier with some foam pics. Little big for my tank yet.

Jeremy0322

Oh, seems like a nice skimmer just figured you would be able to sell it a little easier with some foam pics. Little big for my tank yet.

Yea, I might be able to hook the busted iwaki up to it for a few minutes to get some pics, but I dont know if I can get icky foam pics :(

Luukosian

Just being able to see how dense the bubble column is would probably help people make a better decision, being a DIY skimmer especially.(figure making a few comments in the thread might help bump it a bit too :) )

Jeremy0322

You can over skim at tank? :)

~Michael

I actually dont think you can. I was worried about that when i bought it so I did alot of research on that very subject. It is true that a protein skimmer will remove some trace elements, but its in very small amounts, all skimmers do it, and normal water changes replace them adequately.

BigJay

what is the top of the reaction chamber made out of? Looks like fiberglass. Sorry just curious.

Jeremy0322

I believe the entire reaction chamber is acrylic, the sides are just red and the top is black for some reason, but its all acrylic.

Last edited: