Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If interested... Factors Affecting Electricity Prices - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy

The average retail price of electricity in the United States in 2010 was 9.88 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh). The average prices by type of utility customer were:

Residential: 11.6¢ per kWh
Transportation: 11.0¢ per kWh
Commercial: 10.3¢ per kWh
Industrial: 6.8¢ per kWh

Electricity prices tend to rise in the summer and fall in the winter.

Electricity Prices Vary by Locality
Prices vary over time and by locality due to the availability of power plants and fuels, local fuel costs, and pricing regulation and structures.

The three States with the highest average price of electricity in 2010 were:

Hawaii (25.12¢ per kWh)
Connecticut (17.39¢ per kWh)
New York (16.31¢ per kWh)

Those with the lowest average prices in 2010 were:

Wyoming (6.20¢ per kWh)
Idaho (6.54¢ per kWh)
Kentucky (6.75¢ per kWh)

steved13

PREMIUM
Including energy charge, fuel charge, fees and taxes .1402 In Florida Energy and fuel .1146

PWA

I got a real low kWH charge but a huge Fuel and Purchased Power... don't ask it a very sore subject. But direct from my utility company web sight:

Utility Charge (kWh charge)

This charge is multiplied by the number of kilowatt-hours (kWh) used in a monthly billing period. It covers the costs to maintain power plants and substations, interest on loans as well as wires, power poles and transformers.

For our example of the average residential bill, the Utility Charge is calculated:
700 x $.08791 = $61.537
Fuel and Purchased Power

This charge is based on a combination of forecasted and actual power costs. The monthly charge allows Golden Valley to pass on increases and decreases in fuel and energy purchases to our members. It is calculated quarterly and multiplied by the kilowatt-hours used each month.

In the sample bill, it is calculated as:
700 x $.10924 = $76.468

Yea pretty pissed off over new fuel surcharge :(

PWA

foxsavage

I'm on a tier system here, it starts at 0.12 per kwh and goes up to 0.40 per kwh. We can use a few more kwh per day in the summer, I think up to 16 before it doubles, then it almost doubles again above 32.