how many fish do you keep?

FCatCH76

LOL, good catch on pointing out my 250. I guess assuming would be pretty bad. I also note that I run a canister filter to help with my bioload. And after some overfeeding am back to battling nitrates at 20 ppm. I got a little carried away feeding my corals.

And that Leopard Wrasse is gorgeous, any harm to inverts?

hallie

Im verrrry cautious about putting any wrasse in with inverts. In my last tank I had a small 6 line wrasse. Was told they are fine with inverts. Put 2 cleaner shrimp in (they cost $100+ each in australia). Woke up the next day.....no more cleaner shrimp and a very fat and happy wrasse :banghead:

flynfish

It's too soon to tell if he will go for the inverts. They can be a difficult fish to keep, sort of like a Mandarin, but this one had been eating frozen mysis so i'm hopeful. If it would promise to eat peppermint shrimp I would gladly put one that's in another tank in for a meal, it's an LPS lover.

FCatCH76

Im verrrry cautious about putting any wrasse in with inverts. In my last tank I had a small 6 line wrasse. Was told they are fine with inverts. Put 2 cleaner shrimp in (they cost $100+ each in australia). Woke up the next day.....no more cleaner shrimp and a very fat and happy wrasse :banghead:

same here, in our first tank ( a 29 biocube), my wife decided to pick up a six line after a trip to the pet store. They said a six line would be fine but within two weeks my Fure shrimp was rippped apart one leg at a time. That fish quickly became a credit at the lfs and some words were used to the associate that sold it to my wife.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
LOL, good catch on pointing out my 250. I guess assuming would be pretty bad. I also note that I run a canister filter to help with my bioload. And after some overfeeding am back to battling nitrates at 20 ppm. I got a little carried away feeding my corals.

A couple of us 130 owners ran cannisters for a while, and they increased our nitrates, even with a weekly cleaning. When I pulled mine the nitrates really dropped. Just thought I'd pass that along just in case yours may be adding to your nitrate levels.

FCatCH76

A couple of us 130 owners ran cannisters for a while, and they increased our nitrates, even with a weekly cleaning. When I pulled mine the nitrates really dropped. Just thought I'd pass that along just in case yours may be adding to your nitrate levels.

thx Reef, I thought and read the same thing. I mainly use it to store the CPE, purigen and some filter floss and to add the extra 4 gallons of water. The nitrates came from the addition of the Blue devils and my overfeeding. Before that I had trates down to <5 ppm (first time ever) and then I got cocky and added more fish and feed the corals three to four times a week.

On another note, I make my own food from fresh uncooked shrimp, scallops, squid. cyclo, selcon, etc etc and the fish and corals go nuts for it. I saw some major growth and thought more food bigger corals....and that is where I am today.

On a more positive note I have maintained trates at 20 so it is not a complete loss.

Galdrin

2 x Amphiprion Ocellaris
1 x Meiacanthus oualanensis
1 x Salarias fasciatus
1 x Pseudocheillinus hexataenia
1 x Chromis viridis

The Chromis I didn't plan on buying but as it was all alone in a tank at LFS I took it with me home and I'm planning on getting 3 more once LFS stocks up with more of them.

all wrasses out of 130 tank after the move, except yellow coris now im down to 8 fish

3 chromis
1 mandrin
1 coris yellow
1 hi fin gobie
1 gumdop gobie
1 true perc

isoterix

I now have one more to make it 6 and swapped my Six Line that went nuts for a Mandarin.

Ocellaris
Yellowtail Damsel
Purple Firefish
Yellow Watchmen
Mandarin
Banggai Cardinal