How long do all the membranes and carbon last in these ro/di filters?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Really depends on how dirty your tap water is, and how often it's used. I make about 10g a week and change filters about every 6-9 months. I've yet to change my di resin in 3 yrs and have 0 TDS. I always flush the membrane with each use, too.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Exactly ^^^ All depends on how hard the system has to work to make zero TDS RO/DI water. For me, I change my filters, carbon and DI Resin once a year.

Tigersref

i have the BRS RO/DI system and can tell when the first filter needs changing (the sediment filter) because it begins to turn yellow. the DI chamber also has color-changing attributes that tell you when its time to change.

typically, 6-12 months for most reefers.

Oxylebius

I have to change the first white filter out about every 4 months, it turns dark brown really fast. When I get tds readings I switch it out and seems to save the life of the carbon, resin, and membrane and tds goes back to zero. I haven't changed out my membrane yet and it is going on three years old. I also flush my membrane each time it is used, which helps. I've had to change the resin out yearly so far.

sirrealism

Crazy Eyes is right on. I have about 400g of reef in my house so i make 90g just about every 10 days. I have a duel membrane and duel DI. I also have a pre pump. I change out the sediment filter every month. Its cheap 4$ so I dont mind. The first carbon filter I change out about every 3 months and I also have the auto flush. I have not had to change a membrane yet. I change my DI the moment I dont have 0TDS. I have the duel tds monitor and on a long run "Making 90g" my TDS pre DI will be 3. I have to change my DI about every 3 months

Steve L

I have a resin cartridge that turns yellow when it needs to be changed. Funny thing is that when I first bought the unit and was assembling it out on my deck, I left it in the sun for a day and the resin started turning yellow before it was even used. It's not terribly hot where I live so the stuff didn't bake. Now that I've been using it for a couple months the entire cartridge is yellow and needs to be replaced and I've only made a hundred gallons or so.

Needless to say, try to keep them out of direct sunlight.