how do i remove a nem from glass?

hi guys, i'm inheriting a tank w/ a nem on the glass, i think its a bubble tip, not sure though, how do i remove it w/o hurting it? i can't keep it in the tank. help please!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
here are some things I would try (go slow)

A) Pointing a powerhead at it's base
B) holding ice to the OUTSIDE of the glass
C) *last ditch effort* gently using a credit card to get under it's base.

Keep in mind this isn't an ideal situation but if it's GOT to go then it's GOT to go :)

Good luck and keep us posted :)

ok, got it off the glass, now this monster is in my tank. it's alot bigger now that it spread out. a little too big... anybody want a bubble tip anemone?
I'm not one of those people to buy stuff w/o planning, if i didn't pick this guy up, he would still be in the tank and sitting on the side of the road right now. how much can i get for it? it has a tomato clown in it, and when it's totally spread out it's about 8 in from tenticle tip to tip. i've only got a 30 long and 90% of the tank is covered in rock. i just don't have the ground space for this this.

Last edited:
after we had removed the rock and the sand, and started draining the tank, it started to detach it self. so we stopped and watched, and it completely detached and started moving around. it was pretty neat.