HELP! how do i get rid of bristelworms and ich and algae

how can i get rid of bristelworms and ich

• ich

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • bristelworms

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Caitlin1989

ive been dosing for over little week now using ich attack, as i was cleaning my tank tonight i found bristelworms. what can i do to get rid of these critters? i have taken my clownfish out of my 90 gallon and placed it into a 10 gallon to treat him. i also have 3 daniels. they never got the ich it was just my 2 clown fish. the littlest one died so i have the big one left. i am dosing both tanks im only using the ich attack since it is safer for coral and invertebrates. i aslo have brown and green algae.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Welcome to RS !

The bristle worms are good members of the cuc (clean up crew) will eat debris that fall in the rock crevices... no problem with them, like earthworms of the sea... if you want fewer... their numbers decline if you feed less...

the above the good news...

ich... is more problematic... but we have some of the best advise on the net here... read the links here and best of luck !
Lee Birch's (Chemist and Microbiologist) Advice on Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans)

Uncle99

There are only three ways to get rid of Ick.
TTM, Hypo and Copper.
Ick attack, Rid Ick, Ick-b-gone or any other meds designed for use in the DT are useless, and in some cases, can kill other inhabitants .

As suggested above, have a read, find which treatment is best for you and follow instructs carefully.
All fish come out of the DT regardless of symptoms and the DT goes fishless for 72 days.

Jake970

Just remember to never dose copper in your main display (I did that on my very first tank, luckily it was before I added my shrimps) and had to buy a whole new tank. Ended up turning my original display into a quarantine tank.

W.Nowling

And freshwater. Freshwater will kill bristleworms instantly. I started with just a few in a live rock I bought for LFS and they were a welcome entity until that is they started overrunning my tank. It was out of control. So I researched them more. If your bristle worms are getting out of control or you just don’t like them cause they look disgusting (which they do) wearing gloves* assuming they are living within a boulder or rock remove the rock and place it in hot freshwater. No water conditioner nothing just regular tap water. Of course this will also kill everything else in the rock. So it depends on how bad you want them gone. After they’ve departed your rock/boulder you’ll have to “cure” it sort of. You can’t just place the rock back in your tank with tap water on it. So put it in a quarantine tank that has your tank water in it for about a week. The bacteria will have a chance to reestablish a footing on the rock by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk