Holy Rock

byron47

Just checking here, I was told that you can use Holy Rock in your Saltwater tanks and it would be ok? Thanks for any answers to this.

carmexx

Well, My LFS had used Holy Rock at one time to display coral colonies. They redid their coral tanks and put the holy rock in their "live rock" tubs. So I guess to answer your question, Yes, I believe you can.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
ive never heard of holy rock, is it something blessed by a priest to keep hitch hikers and algae away?

I have only seen that rock used in churches. Suprisingly enough it is very common in tanks full of angel fish.

byron47

It's your white rock that has holes throughout. You see some in Freshwater tanks. That's just the name I was told that it's called there might be another name for it. Just checking to see if it could be put into a saltwater tank.

Val

I have some Holey rock it's very dense and looks like urchins have worked it. It's not porous like a good base rock from Marcos Rocks.

I chose not to use it in my reef tank. I did use a few pieces in my fw tank.

Here is a pic of the rock that came with the tank I bought on CL:

alagerock.jpg

Last edited:

GrendelPrime

ohh ok i know that rock just not by that name and as Val stated its very dense and i wouldent use it for a marine tank