• Poll closed .

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have pink foam on the two Rimless yet no foam on the other 2

Matt's Droidx via tapatalk.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have some rigid underlayment sheathing (1/4" foam) that I used on my 90g build to help "cushion" things. It worked great and didn't put any undue stress on the glass or anything. It's stiffer than polystyrene foam and it helps I got it for free from a friend.

Funlad3

I already have the foam, but it will mess with my hinges and the doors I've designed. The only way around the problem is to go no foam or make a screw-in removable pannel. I'd rater do no foam, but I don't want 75 gallons of water on the floor in a year...

Funlad3

I have the stiff foam, but the only way I'll be able to put on doors is if two of them are permanent and no-moving...

That's why I don't want to use it, but if I have too...

Nice to have you back Al!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think it's really up to you. I feel like if the area the frame of the tank is on is smooth and level it's not really needed. You see Matt did 2 with and 2 WithOut.

It's good to be back :)

dmatt88

Hey Ben how bigs the tank? Also the pink foam I used takes very little room.

Matt's Droidx via tapatalk.

Funlad3

75 gallon. Small in comparison to you! Either way, use of the foam means strange issue. I can't explain without pictures I'm afraid...

glampka

You really don't need the foam. The important thing is that the tank is on a level surface.

redneckgearhead

If the tank has a frame around the top and bottom, I would NOT use any foam. Make sure your top is level and flat and stiff and put the tank on. If the tank is frameless then yes use the foam!

jpsika08

I would def use Pink foam, I never go without one, any little tip or uneven section on the surface can increase the pressure to that specific point on the glass and crack it, just my 0.02 cents.

Funlad3

The consensus seems to be that I'll be okay, soooo, no foam it is.

Juan, know that I'm not trying to be snarky by saying this, but, "If it breaks, you and you alone have the sole right to say 'I told you so!'" :contract: