HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

framerguy

ahhh, <sigh> Heinz, you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your passion with the young ones. It makes my heart glad.

hma

HI Heinz, I havent stopped by for awhile . Man I have missed tons of great information. I love the seahorses. You seem to make every part of this hobby look so easy. A lot of people can not keep seahorses , including me.

What is the computer program that u are using? The chart? I think that is so cool..

Hello Vicki and thank's for stopping by, I am pleased if I could give you new information about our wonderful hobby. The computer program by the way is the „AquaCalculator“, programmed by Michael Kuhn, a more committed reefer from near Munich. It is THE BEST program of its kind in Europe, both in German and in English available. The language selection is set while installing.

AquaCalculator Download Link :bluenod:

blue_eyes53813

I tried the calculator link. It has english version but its still has a lot of german language mixed in with it.. I can only read a few screens on it. Unless Im just not understanding all the tabs in it...?? I will keep clicking around in it..

JoJo

Hey Heinz, just checking in. everything is perfect as always. what program are you using to track your parameters in post #1439?

hma

Hey Heinz, just checking in. everything is perfect as always. what program are you using to track your parameters in post #1439?

Thank you JoJo for stopping by ..... by the way .... take a look at post #1442 AquaCalculator Download Link :angel3:

hma

There are no news to report from my saltwater tanks. All my animals are fine, everything grows and thrives. :eek:

For this reason, there are now a few new pictures from my two FW tanks. I hope you like they too. :look:

Caridina japonica

amano_garnele1.jpg

Otocinclus sp.

otocinclus.JPG

Crystal Red - Red Bee Grade

redbees.jpg

plecosword

It was a long time ago, 2 of them at petsmart. They lived for about 2 weeks. Have you had bamboo shrimp? Those are kinds cool

hma

It was a long time ago, 2 of them at petsmart. They lived for about 2 weeks. Have you had bamboo shrimp? Those are kinds cool

That already is the reason why you not could keep these animals long. Otocinclus sp. are a swarm or group fish, they necessarily require the group and should not be maintained less then10-15 animals .

@Frankie
Thank you Frankie, I try my best ...

plecosword

That could have been why, I didn't e en have my 55g yet so it was really new to fish, I remember when I couldn't keep guppies Alive LOL

hma

Once again it is time for an update. No news to report from the 115 gal reef aquarium apart from some coral that I had to move because they have become too large. All animals are healthy, no losses, no diseases or problems. The young seahorses are now almost fully grown and swim in a separate aquarium as in the picture below to see.

For my Fish-Only I have two new roommates, an mature Coris gaimard (Yellowtail coris) and an Valenciennea puellaris (Maiden goby). The Coris is already in the Fish-Only, it has its quarantine period already completed. The Maiden goby is STILL in the quarantine and will be moved to the FO in about 14 days. Both are obviously fine, the Coris had probably initially a "Jet lag" and was the first 7 days almost always hidden. Meanwhile, however, she is constantly seen and eats well. The Maiden Goby was hidden only a few hours in the QT and started on the second day to feed on frozen mysis and krill.

update_apr_09.png

The young seahorses in the new tank:

hippocampus%20reidi-babies_9.JPG

My rockbeauty (115 gal reef):

rockbeauty800.jpg

and finnaly the new Coris gaimard, I call him Mr. Speedy (Fish-Only)

Coris%20gaimard%20-%20Yellowtail%20coris.jpg

lcstorc

Wonderful as always.
I understand why you call the wrasse Mr Speedy. Mine will bury himself so fast all you see is a puff of sand.
Mine is still changing so it is interresting to see a healthy adult.

BaxReefs

The rock beauty is amazing, it looks so healthy and happy. They are so notoriously hard to keep. How long have you had this beautiful fish?