Hinges squeaking on my 130D!

reeferjoe

Crazy question, but the (brand new) hinges on my 130D are squeaking LOUDLY! Have any of you experienced this? Sorry if it's been brought up before, a few searches brought up very little info...

What would be the best thing to quiet these suckers with? Oil? WD-40? I don't want to compromise the hinges, so I'm thinking something natural with no chemicals.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Oxylebius

I also have squeaky hinges (on my 250). I have been putting up with it for a year now. Never thought to ask about it, I'm glad you asked. I'm tagging along with this thread to see if anyone has any innovative ideas about it.... a quick thought though, do you have any surf wax? I wouldn't use any chemical like WD-40 (you don't want that either dripping into the tank or the fumes being absorbed into the tank).

reeferjoe

All great suggestions.

Oxylebius - I don't any surf wax, although that's not a bad idea! Definitely didn't want to use something chemical based for the exact reasons you listed.

I was thinking something like olive oil? I'm going to wait a few days to see if anyone else has any other ideas - in the mean time I will look into your suggestions, Glenn.

Thanks!

steved13

PREMIUM
Glenn beat me to it, I was going to say food grade silicone, but I like the olive oil idea better. Other than the smell, fish oil would probably be best. Don't be surprised if any thing makes your skimer stop or go crazy for awhile though.