HH growing rapidly!

Jess

In the middle between the leather and Xenia....Are these just some type of paly? Not only are they multiplying and growing super fast, but the whole top part of that rock has what appears to be little babies... small dark button-looking things all over it. Horrible camera phone picture. Also pay no mind to those black circles in the pic I was playing with an editing tool and just now saw those ha!

0919091143-1-1.jpg

Jess

Ya Terry the little ones aren't visible in the pic I was just throwing the description in the mix. So don't palys sting other corals?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
They do have toxins but I don't think they're a big concern concerning stinging. A Paly expert I am not :)

sambrinar

You talking about the round things in the forground, or the green behind it? I wouldn't worry about the palys stinging, you will know when one coral pulls back, then it is stinging.. I always have charcoal running just in case they are playing warfare

Jess

Just thought I'd post this pic I took about 5 minutes ago... amazing how these have grown and multiplied. Anyone have a specific id?

Wow not to mention the Xenias and coralline on the back!
1114091000a.jpg

seafansar

Those are a paly of some kind. I have some very similar and they will take over! Mine grow incredibly fast. If you like them, leave them and you'll have a rock nicely covered in them. If you don't like them, scrape them off the rock now!

Jess

Thanks friends. Sara I'm not sure what to do! They are on the same piece of rock as that leather and I wouldn't want them messing with it....that's my favorite coral :bouncer:

I'll just let nature do it's thing and if it gets crazy you know where I'll be....asking for help. hehe

seafansar

lol. well you could put a small rock between the palys and leather, so when they grow too close to it and onto the rock, you can just take the rock out and add another. That's what my dad does to keep his xenia away from his other corals.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
They do resemble "Grandis" but I've never had them grow that fast.

Jess seriously place some rock (or rubble) up against the palys and as they migrate there you remove and trade/sell them locally :)

$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exactly. Why worry about fragging when you can let the coral do it for you?

Wow and that was in a time lapse of only 2 months? That xenia looks beautiful.

Jess

They do resemble "Grandis" but I've never had them grow that fast.

Jess seriously place some rock (or rubble) up against the palys and as they migrate there you remove and trade/sell them locally :)

$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oops I just saw this! Good idea Alley:bigbounce

Jess

Exactly. Why worry about fragging when you can let the coral do it for you?

Wow and that was in a time lapse of only 2 months? That xenia looks beautiful.

This is very true! I am going to try the rubble for sure.... And yep, two months! I was shocked myself. Thanks!

Jess

And truthfully after reading that Out of control xenia thread I'm a little concerned of its growth so far LOL