Hey!

StrikeT85

Test Results are the same

PH - 7.8
Ammonia - 1
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20
Salinity 1.022

How high should I expect ammonia to get? The shrimp I have in the tank is looking nasty... It's really slimy lol...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here a generality - a lot depend on the state of your LR

kpd64a.gif

StrikeT85

Oh wow thanks! That's very helpful! I got the tank that they had for 2 years (they said the fish kept dying) and brought it over to my place and the rock sat about a day half submerged in water until I could fill it up. So far it's been filled and filtering for about 9 days. Do you think it's possibly been long enough? I did change the filter media in both the HOB's though. =/

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
all depends on the state of the LR

have to test :)

Ammonia will raise then drop, followed by the Nitrites raising and then dropping, then the Nitrate will soar - once the ammonia & nitrites are gone, then do water changes to reduce nitrates.

Ammonia > Nitrite > Nitrate

TylerHaworth

On the rock subject... You will be spending 3x as much for LFS rock compared to dry rock online.

25 pounds from Marco is $62 shipped to continental US, or you can go to your LFS and buy 10 pounds for the same cost ($5/lb, sales tax, cost of fuel, time)

Over time for the 80 or so pounds you need, would you rather spend $171 or $450+?

May I ask, what is your aversion to ordering online?

StrikeT85

Hey. I don't have a problem with ordering online, I just hate waiting for shipping =P. I did get some dry rock from the LFS, 17 lbs for $50. I understand that it is cheaper online but I get paid cash from side jobs so it seems better =P. Anyways I think I have enough rock as is and I rearranged everything so I *think* I'm done aquascaping. I'm now just waiting on the power heads to come in. I took out the shrimp cause it had some really thick slimy nastiness on it and it wreaked of vomit and was starting to float. I'll test the water as soon as it clears up and take pics.

StrikeT85

Sanded/Stained the stand. Wasn't nearly as hard as I expected.

DSC00659.jpg

Added the rock. New aquascape. Let me know if you agree!

017.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks good, but if you have any fish like mine (who don't pay attention to which direction they are swimming in) they're gonna crash into the rockwork. Just make sure that arch is stable so there is no rock avalanche. It's bad for the glass and the fish.... :)

....Secret Super Hero....

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
1- 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon of water is standard I believe

Life motto: "No rain, no rainbow"

StrikeT85

I got 2 clownfish. I was going to just get 1 but the wife said he'd be lonely and refused to leave the lfs without a 2nd.

What would you recommend for a cuc? I want to have primarily a nemo tank + a misc fish or 2.