Hey everyone

magickhands

I have a 29 gal. tank that is empty except for water and some base rock at the moment. I have had this tank up and going before, but ran into a bristtleworm outbreak. This happened before I added anything but a firefish, so I broke it down and dried it out. Sarting over so .....here I go! I am posting some pictures from before.

A man in the rocks.

man_in_rocks.jpg

I never really figured out for sure what these were so they came out. When I found the bigger one it was unattached, so I scooped it out. I severed a piece off trying to get it, and the next day found the tiny one.

hitchhiker1.jpg

Thanx Brandon, saw ur comment while copy/paste. Thats what I thought.

hitchhicker2.jpg

worms.jpg

My firefish Spaz.

resized_spaz.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome!

I think those "un-identified" things are Aptasia... a nuisance anemone!

What are your plans for this tank? Full blown reef?

Again welcome :)

blue_eyes53813

Hello and welcome... The only problem I see is pictures 2 and 3. Def. remove them (aptasia) . Bristle worms can be a good thing too. They are scavengers and can be good cleaners for the tank... The BIG ones can cause problems though....

framerguy

Welcome to the sanctuary! The man in the rocks is pretty cool. Some bristle worms is a good thing but being overrun with them means there is a problem. Did you ever decide what caused them to be so thick?

magickhands

Thanx for the welcome...yes I plan on having corals and fish. I know some bristleworms is ok. When people looked in my tank the first thing they would say was, "what r all the worms" lol so yeah I figured I better do something while it would be easier to deal with. The problem was probably.....fish (maybe a little soon)+ food - janitors (had none) = worm heaven.

NanoNewbie

I read somewhere that coral banded shrimp eat bristle worms. I have one in my 14g BioCube and I never see any bristle worms or pods either.