He's here!!!!!!!!!

Witfull

parameters are worse than temp. salinity for one in the most important. slow release of gases from shipping are next..to much oxygen into an ammonia laden environ=toxic levels. a few degrees of temp in the right direction are totally accepable. its the sudden down that stresses fish.

panmanmatt

A 25w heater works great.You can put the heater in an old fish bag full of water and seal it tight with a rubber band and lay it in the bucket if you don't have enough water i the bucket to cover it.

kathywithbirds

parameters are worse than temp. salinity for one in the most important. slow release of gases from shipping are next..to much oxygen into an ammonia laden environ=toxic levels. a few degrees of temp in the right direction are totally accepable. its the sudden down that stresses fish.

OK, gotcha. I tested the params of the bag and my tank water and there were a bit of trates in the bag, no ammonia and no trites. Didn't test salinity. The tank salinity is on the lower side, 1.022

I talked to Morgan last night (email) and she bagged him and shipped him at 7 p.m. He was in the tank shortly before 10 a.m. It would have been sooner if fedex hadn't put the box on the truck instead of holding at location like the instructions said. argh. Only an hour difference though I guess.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Humm... I dunno, I still would prefer to adjust the fish to all elements, including temp if possible.

A 25w heater works great.You can put the heater in an old fish bag full of water and seal it tight with a rubber band and lay it in the bucket if you don't have enough water i the bucket to cover it.

Great idea. I'll try that if I ever use the bucket method.

kathywithbirds

been looking for one? strange mix, so its still considered a Zebrasoma? wonder what a purple and a yellow tang would look like

yeah, from what I've heard it's still a zebrasoma. Now the purple and yellow would be awesome!!! Anybody heard of one of those?

Looking good Kathy!! I'm sure he/she will do well for you.

I agree with the acclimation advice, in the future at least 2 hr acclimation would be advisable. More because of the salinity differences than the temperature. We keep our salinity around .0024-.0025 and fish can be very senistive to quick changes in salinity. Trust me I speak from experience.

If you have some rocks or something he can hide under that would help him settle down and not be so freaked out.
I hope he likes your hair algae, they have been munching on my chaeto which none of my other tangs touch.

I got a really cool gray eibli mimic tang yesterday that I'll have to post pics of.

kathywithbirds

Kathy, is your new hybrid tank raised?

you know what, I don't know. Morgan, you still floatin' around? (no pun... :yup: )

... and thanks for the fish! (he he) I have been wanting to put SOMETHING in there, maybe not more rock but something for them to hide in... I'll pick up something tonight I think. He's scoping out more and more of the tank, pretty much assessing that nothing in there is a threat to him. The clown and chromis are several times smaller than him.

I would assume he'd be CB because would a scopas and yellow do that in the wild???