HELP!!!! sick fish, please fast

Snelly40

help please, favorite fish for ever is no doing well.

Yesterday i came home and my male cinn clown was dead!!
I notived my female was swimming but breathing heavy and her mouth was open,
i just woke up nervous to look and she is laying on the sand, breathing wicked fast.

i know cinn clowns are susscepatable to some disease, but what do i do?????

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Post the tank parameters; temp, salinity, ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates.

Have you added anything new recently? They could have the brooklynella disease that kills very quickly.

Do the clowns show any skin symptoms? hazy/faded color, white patches, white spots, etc.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Jason, I'm sorry, but I don't think there is much you can do. If your clown is in that much distress, trying to catch her and move her will most likely send her over the edge. You can try a WC, and if your feeling confident, then try moving her to a QT with fresh, clean water and lots of aeration. The move might have been too much stress. I wish you the best of luck. Perhaps someone else will have a better suggestion. I feel ya!

Snelly40

tank params are all normal...
78.2, 1.025. ammonia nitrites and trates 0

I added a kole tang a week ago.

i dont really notice an skin problems i was just lookng, under his mouth and gills kind of looks swollen.
yesterday morning all was normal, and now my two favorites are dying.
i feel so helpless, and i am watching her suffer and die

what do i do for brroklynella???

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Clownfish Disease - Brooklynella Diagnosis and Treatment
Brooklynella is a type of saltwater ich caused by an infestation of the ciliated protozoan Brooklynella hostilis. It is most closely and commonly associated with subfamily Clownfish members of the Damselfish family, and therefore is typically referred to as Clownfish Disease. Although this parasitic scourge similar to others requires a fish host to survive, it is not particular in its quest to find one. Angelfishes, tangs or surgeonfishes, wrasses, jawfishes, and seahorses among others will host Brooklynella.
These protozoa reproduce asexually by means of simple binary fission through conjugation, which is why they are able to multiply so much more rapidly than Cryptocaryon (Marine Ich/White Spot Disease), and Oodinium (Velvet/Coral Fish Disease), and why it can kill fish within a few days and even hours upon recognition.
For this reason accurate diagnosis and immediate treatment of all fish exposed to these life-threatening organisms is critical.
Symptoms:

Symptoms to Look For Most similar symptomatically to Oodinium, this too is a parasite that primarily attacks the gills first. At the onset fish may scrap up against objects, rapid respiration develops, and fish often gasp for air at the surface as the gills become clogged with mucus. Fish become lethargic, refuse to eat, and colors fade, but the most noticeable difference that sets Brooklynella apart from Oodinium is the heavy amount of slime that is produced. As the disease progresses a thick whitish mucus covers the body, usually starting at the head and spreading outward, skin lesions appear, and it is not uncommon for signs of secondary bacterial

Treatment:

Treatment Recommendation Suggestions range from copper, malachite green and other remedies, with some recommended being used in conjunction with formaldehyde. However the general consensus is these types of medications are either largely ineffective or do not work at all, and that the best and most effective treatment for Brooklynella is formaldehyde alone. Typically a standard 37% formalin solution (shop & compare prices) is mixed with either fresh or saltwater in a separate treatment container, intitially all fish are given a quick dip or a prolonged bath, followed by continued treatment and care in a QT. Of course the longer fish are exposed to the formalin treatment, the more effective it will be at eliminating this "disease". Whether to administer a dip or a bath to start with is something you will have to determine yourself, but there's a very simple way to do this.

Snelly40

i have no ro roght now to make water, should i risk making it with tap water and then going to the LFS to buy formalin???

they dont open till 11, ahhhhh

Snelly40

i dont get it , there is no discoloration, no white bloches, no mucus covering anywere, just extremely labored breathing, gills look normal too :(

Snelly40

i found a place that is open to go buy formalin.
i'll be right back, please if anyone has any ideas let me know!!!
thank you guys for your help so far.
she is my favorite and first fish and that is her in my avater. i will be so sad if she goes

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Uncycled water for a dip is okay. You just don't want to keep a fish in uncycled tank because there is no good bacteria to break down the deadly ammonia and nitrites that eventually build up. A short dip will be fine.

I would add an airstone and/or more movement at the water's surface (as long as it doesn't blow her around too hard). This should help add oxygen to the water and hopefully relieve some breathing difficulties.

Make sure you add an airstone to the formalin dip!! Formalin dips rob the water of o2 (I don't know exactly how) and makes it difficult to breath.

Snelly40

ok , i have a 2 set ups going.
should i dip the clown in a saturated dip of formalin and then add her to the water (uncycled) with normal dose of formalin???
also, if i add cycled water from my tank with formalin will that help of is the brooklynella is that water just gonna make it worse???

can i put any formalin in the main tank to help that too???

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Choose either to dip (stonger solution) or an extended bath (weaker solution);Choose one method.

NO. Never add medication to your reef.

Treatment Recommendation Suggestions range from copper, malachite green and other remedies, with some recommended being used in conjunction with formaldehyde. However the general consensus is these types of medications are either largely ineffective or do not work at all, and that the best and most effective treatment for Brooklynella is formaldehyde alone. Typically a standard 37% formalin solution (shop & compare prices) is mixed with either fresh or saltwater in a separate treatment container, intitially all fish are given a quick dip or a prolonged bath, followed by continued treatment and care in a QT. Of course the longer fish are exposed to the formalin treatment, the more effective it will be at eliminating this "disease". Whether to administer a dip or a bath to start with is something you will have to determine yourself, but there's a very simple way to do this.

Snelly40

i got the tank going, with uncycled water and one going with cycled water but that is from my tank water where the fish came from. if i leave this for a few with the formalin will that kill the disease and then i can add the fish to it after like a day in the uncycled water???

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I am not certain how long it takes the formalin to kill the disease in contaminated water.

Watch the fish closely during the dip. Make sure you keep it aerated.