help purple tang got big spots

edyta2382

:stars: hello everyone im new to this forum i turned here looking for help
the problem i have is that i got two new fish regal and purple tang two months ago knowing that they got ick t put the in the qt tank and treat with hypo the regal is clean but the purple not he's got big what looks like spots i belive, whit some are big and some are smaller in iregular round shape
the are not moving he is geting more and more ,so after all i decided that i will stop the hypo as soon as possible and treat with medicine
i bought rid ich plus and start dosing after the salinity is at normal level
can anyone help me and maybe sugest what to do

GrendelPrime

can u post some pics of the purple tang? and just on a side note i hope u have a very large tank cause purples can be down right nasty especialy with the regal

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to RS! Sorry you're having problems with your wet friends there!

I've moved this thread into the appropriate area so it can get the attention and support it deserves. Good luck and Happy Reefing :)

edyta2382

hello the two fish are togheter long time they come from the same tank that
i bought the from at the moment the are in the qt tank 180 liters they are not fighting

edyta2382

hi the spots are big they are not like ick this is big iregular round shape some biger some smaller not sure how to post a picture

leebca

It's not unusual for a fish to get secondary infections from opportunistic pathogens, like bacteria, fungus, etc. But I'm afraid only a photo will help us put it into the right category.

I would acquire the antibiotic Maracyn Two for Saltwater fish and begin treatment with that, unless you can get a better diagnosis.