Help! My Maxi Mini is Dying!!

catran

I just got him Tuesday. He had a white spot on one side. Now it looks like it spread. Can I help him?
de3e3cc0.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I think they are a pretty simple organism so the appearance of spreading could be just inflation, lots of these are being cloned now and they can be packed in pretty tight for the grow out/recovery, the white spot may just be bleached from overcrowding, good food/water/light is about all you can do right now, keep posting pictures please

catran

I can't find him this morning. I will look later when the daylights come on. I tried to feed both of them mysis and neither will eat. I got one a week ago and he looks great. Will update later.

catran

Sg is 1.024 I got the nem very early in the morning. I acclimated all my corals for 1 hour ( I set my alarm) and put them in the tank. I saw some white on him then, but didn't look really close or turn him over. I left the house early and when I got home that night, I saw it was much worse. He obviously curled up and more showed the next morning. The white part is also coming apart, like it's melting. Should I consider cutting the white part of him off with a very sharp razor knife?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Cat, I looked everywhere I know and can't find much, bleaching, necrosis and heater burn came up, I really don't know if it has enough energy left for a cut but it may be a last resort?

catran

Yeah, the poor thing looks pretty bad eh? I don't want him to die, but I searched everywhere and didn't find a thing that looked like this. Maybe I can just cut off the most of the white stuff and be sure to not hit the living part of him....

catran

My question about what happened really bugs me because of course I'd like to help him, but also, if I knew what happened and how to help it might save mine or at least someone elses nem...
The water was pretty warm in all of my little baggies that my coral were shipped in but if that really bothered him, probably all of him would be affected. What if he was ripped off a rock or glass? I saw damage that was similar on a rbt..

catran

Well, never mind... I pulled him out this morning because he would not move at all. There was no kind of reaction, no curling or any kind of movement when touched or held. He's gone. The money doesn't matter, and I already had one and can always get another, I just hate seeing a living creature die. Here's pics:
dbbc1c97.jpg

f031e2a9.jpg

catran

I won't buy from there again. I don't want to deal with that again. He was a beautiful nem in the pics!

catran

I don't think the poor thing had a chance. He was bad when I got him, maybe ripped off a rock or glass. Yeah, too bad for him :(

fata1ity

Whoever sold you this Maxi was playing you for an idiot.

This Maxi was manually split by cutting it in half, the white stuff are its organs.

Please let us know who sold you this so that we can steer well away from them.

BTW, for future reference be sure that the Maxi is nice and round, not crescent :)

catran

Yeah, I thought that's how you split them though, by cutting them. I was sure there was something wrong when I got him. I think he was split just before he was shipped.