Help! My BTA is in bad trouble!

catran

I came home to find my BTA sucked into the overflow of my RSM. He's been in the same spot for months (not near the overflow), and I have no idea what happened. I turned off the circulation pumps ASAP, but still have the MP10 (not near the overflow) on for some flow. Here's a pic abot 10 mins. After I turned off the pumps:
a0363698.jpg

Here's a pic 30 mins. after the pumps were turned off:
58cb4b63.jpg

Should I leave it alone and see if it come out and moves?
Will my other nem (small), and my dart fish be okay with only the MP10 running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catran

Here's new pics. He has squeezed his foot through to the back too. I'm not sure how much of the foot is back there, but IDK how to get him to move without hurting him. Ugh!!
The media basket is back there. If he squeezes through that, I'll never get him out!
His foot is on the lower left in the first pic
bbce55e8.jpg

8873a466.jpg

BLADEYAMAHA

Dang Cat, not sure what to advise at all, sorry. I guess you are stuck with watching the BTA until you can move it?

catran

Thanks anyway! You're right. Yeah, he's all the way through now. I can't budge him either. I tried to use a frozen bottle of R/O water next to him too...no go. There's nothing I can do until he (hopefully) moves to a position on the media rack that will allow me to pull it out with him on it. Wow! I'll screen that overflow somehow when I get him out!!!
I turned on one of the circulation pumps and turned off the skimmer. Hopefully he won't make it to the chiller pump. It shouldn't hurt him though, it's enclosed. At least I have some flow in addition to the MP10. I'm done for the night!
I just cant believe he squeezed through that little of a slot! I'm not liking nems too much right now!

catran

I forgot and left the ice bottle in the tank. It floated over to the overflow. I guess the cold water made him let go. Around 5:00 am, I checked on him one last time and found him with his foot inflated and floating. I hurried and grabbed him, put him back in the main tank. He looked happy to be back, Lol!

Pics:
His foot inflated...after I put him on the rock.
609a0527.jpg

Pics of him deflating and latching back on.
25614248.jpg

5a496a90.jpg

0ccb57c5.jpg

catran

Dude, those are the cockroaches of all Paly's. They will NEVER die. I have a baby nem living on the side of them and they're still doing great, lol!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Amazing how fast it turned around, he was looking like he was ready to nuc your tank!

Nice save though!

catran

Amazing how fast it turned around, he was looking like he was ready to nuc your tank!

Nice save though!

I guess it's hard on him to squeeze through a hole 1/50th of his size, lol! Yeah, I though he was a goner when I first saw him. He may have been, if I didn't turn the pumps off for a while!

catran

Yep, he's doing fine now. Temporary insanity was the cause, I believe! His tentacles looked really worn and flat when I found him. He's looking okay now!

f189b365.jpg