Help id this macro algae

kospaintball

I can't find a picture of this anywhere. I have lots of these, they grow here and there. Seem easy enough to remove if i didn't like them. They are calcified too.
DSCN1651.jpg

GrendelPrime

following along on this 1, i have the same stuff growing on a rock and was never able to find out much about it

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hello,
its a calcium based algae, called Neomeris sp or Spindle weed.

I know of no animals that eat it, but remove it, as they can take over the tank. (if nutritious available) but who wants a CA++ sink anyways :)

good luck.

kospaintball

right on the money. Thanks man. Im going to leave them, i think they look pretty cool and when it gets to a point where they are growing to fast... they are very easy to remove and grow so slow

Big Ray

welcome :)

yea they dont look bad neither :) its just that they consume quite alot of Ca++, and I personally prefer my coraline and SPS corals using the CA++/

Big Ray

coraline is a pita and i dont have any sps so looks like im golden :)

what do you mean ?

IMO, rough surface of coralline is a great place for beneficial bacteria to grow on due to its high surface area, and within it are anerbic zones for more bacteria, also, the best part of coralline is that ....... algae doesnt grow on coralline algae :)