Help! Emergency (i think) - need new sump pump asap!!!!

JT101

Help!

I just finished setting up my new 46 gallon tank with a Aqueon Pro-Flex Model 3 Sump. Sand and water in the tank, RO/DI water, sump all filled but NO salt yet (just has fresh RO/DI in both). Well, wouldn't you know but my return pump is defective and VERY noisy (Danner Model 5 500GPH). I spoke to the online place I bought it, they will exchange it for a Maxi Jet 3000 IF I return the bad pump but that's going to take days. Now, for my dilemma:

Can I afford to let the tank just sit there with no water circulation for several days with just RO/DI water in it? If not, I'm going to have to overnight a new pump unless someone knows of where I can by a Maxi Jet 3000 on Long Island today!! Can anybody help please? I'd really appreciate it!
THANKS!!!

John

JT101

It's only going to delay you a few days if you let it sit, not the end of the world.

I just wanted to make sure it would be OK because there's NO salt in the tank OR the sump, just 100% pure RO/DI and shallow sand bed. I guess even another 5 days would be OK?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
You could always put a powerhead in the tank and sump just for circulation.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Of all situations this is one of the BEST times to lose a pump. Just have it shipped regular don't waste $$ on express.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
as long as the sand isn't live sand you won't lose anything......save the $$

GlassMunky

even if it was live sand, he has no rock in there so the tank still has to go threw its cycle anyways, so it would end up getting re-seeded

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Agreed but I was more meaning that if it was live sand, it is now dead :)

JT101

All is well (sorry for the late reply) and thanks to all. I'm all up & running with a SUPER QUIET Deep Blue Triton 4 pump. Can't tell if the darned thing is on unless I put my ear down low near the bottom of the tank stand with the doors open....!

John