Hello

JNC

I just wanted to stop by and say hi, I'm re-entering the world of salt water and this seems to be a great place to do that!

I think I got some Aiptasia Anemones but im not sure, I was going to try and post a few pictures and see if anyone knows what they are, (2 Pictures) not sure what the second is either

Sorry I have no idea how to get the pictures bigger on here but hopefully they work.

Thanks so much!

JnC

Attachments

• Fishtank 001 - Copy.JPG
    Fishtank 001 - Copy.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Fishtank 002.JPG
    Fishtank 002.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 77

JNC

HI, And thank you for the information, sounds like what I was hoping it was not :)

I will get some peppermint shrimp. I also have that other unidentified thing and I think I figured out how to post bigger pictures so I will try again

Thanks so much again, this sure seems like a great place!

Attachments

• Tank2 001 - Copy.JPG
    Tank2 001 - Copy.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Tank2 001.JPG
    Tank2 001.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 73

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Welcome :wave: Yeah, get a peppermint shrimp to help with aiptasia. They can reproduce very quickly so get a handle on it now. A peppermint shrimp will also help control any future outbreaks. If the aiptasia are too large, a peppermint shrimp will not be able to eat them. The large ones will need to be treated with a product like aiptasia-X designed to kill the snots.

tnwillia

JNC Welcome to RS, you've come to the right place! If you look in the RSM sub forum there is a sticky on the first page that talks about using photobucket for your pictures (post bigger pictures). Have fun with your tank!

sambrinar

Too me those aiptsia look way to big for peppermint shrimp.. Joe's Juice in a syringe, shoot it down the mouth.. that'll gettem

Too me those aiptsia look way to big for peppermint shrimp.. Joe's Juice in a syringe, shoot it down the mouth.. that'll gettem

But he's probably got some smaller ones too. I think a peppermint shrimp is a good idea to control any future outbreaks. But big ones do need to be killed with aiptasia-X or something similar.