Hello I like to introduce mysellf

mpmaurice

Update:

18 jan: seawater (straight from the sea) is in the tank.
19 jan: seawater temp. is 25.5 degrees Celsius, density is 1023, i put in the raw shrimp.
20 jan: seawater temp. is 25.5 degrees Celsius, density is 1023, i measured 0.5 mg/l ammonium.
22 jan: seawater temp. is 25.5 degrees Celsius, density is 1023, i measured 1.0 mg/l ammonium, 0.5 mg/l Nitrite and 10 mg/l Nitrate.

No sand in the tank, pumps and skimmer are running, UV light is off and normal T5 light is off.

mpmaurice

Does anyone know what this is? It came on my live rock..uploadfromtaptalk1454161050874.jpg one is brown the other is black i think the black one is dead.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

eQuatics

I don't think it's anything to worry about. However I can definitely understand that you'd like to simply know what's on your rock haha. Where are they from, region wise?

mpmaurice

They arrived from the airport when i was in the shop, the seller said they come from Indonesia. Is it some kind of leather coral?

mpmaurice

Thank you for the complement, its verry cool to see those changing colors on the rocks

mpmaurice

Can someone advice me... today I moved the turbo to my nano because water chemistry shows the following. NO3 is verry high 50 mg/l and NO2 is 5 mg/l. Is this normal during startup period?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
How often are you doing water changes & in what %?

Nitrate (NO3) reduction is directly proportional to percentage of Water Change.

mpmaurice

Since startup i did no water changes because i'm in the curing fase.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If your still cycling...

Watch for the ammonia to soar then fall to zero, then the nitrites soar & then fall to zero, then the nitrates soar, once this happens, do water changes to get rid of the nitrates - tank cycled

Depending on the state of your LR (how cured it was & how much die off it had), in general it will look something like this...

600px-Cycling_graph.png

mpmaurice

Thank you for the explanation. Ammonia is zero right now. Nitrite is between 2 and 5 mg/l and nitrate is around 50 mg/l. If I understand correctly i have to wait until Nitrites drop to zero and then do a water change?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Yes

though some do water changes through out the cycle with all Live Rock... imo, it won't slow your cycle or hurt

but don't add anything alive until the ammonia & nitrites are zero - wc will take care of the nitrates