Hello I like to introduce mysellf

mpmaurice

Thank you, 2 British short hairs ;-), almost the same look as the russian...
In what size tank you use the evergrow? I follow every Led discussion where I can, i try to startup with leds if my budget can reach that far ;-).

meknudson2

I have a 60 gallon. I was debating between the one I have and the next size up. I saw a picture of those cats and was wondering :). I think your tank is a 65 gallon from what I have read.

cracker

I agree with Nano, If Your tank is tall like mine, go as high with the stone/rock as You can with out loosing stability. Looks better to me at least. Also give You more options on placing corals depending on how much light they like.

Last edited:

mpmaurice

What is the minimum waterlevel from top till first rock top?

I still can change things.

Today I bought a eheim uvc 500. Did a lot of reading about uv light... bought this second hand for a good price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
the only limitation of how high the rock can be, is just enough room for a coral you might place... to grow,no "right" answer... I have some coral at the nozzle level - about 6 inches down I would guess...

mpmaurice

Thank you for the tip.

When i start with corals i will also switch to led light, led goes deeper than the regular t5. i think the tank needs to run in for about 10 weeks at least... then i start adding a clean up crew and place a couple of clown fish in the quarantine tank. When the displaytank is in balance i start with a anemone and clownfish.

What is the best clean up crew for a 250 liter red sea?

I use seawater straight from the sea...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I like snails for cuc...
Asterea, Trochus, Cerith, Nerites, Margarita, Nassarius and Mexican Turbos

and a cleaner shrimp... a couple years in... I added a blue Tux Urchin

mpmaurice

Thank you i'm verry pleased with the results. Did not think it would look like this.

mpmaurice

93ac34c761ae91132f5d796488c517a2.jpg

mpmaurice

The rocks are hollow with some holes in there is this a problem for polution building up inside?

mpmaurice

I start the cycle tomorrow with natural seawater, does anyone have a tip/trick? For starting with artificial rocks and natural sea water? Can i use the dead shrimp method?

Greetings Maurice

mpmaurice

Thank you, When do i put the coral sand in? After the cycle to keep the sand white free from algae or put it in before starting the cycle to help with bacteria build up?

StirCrayzy

Put sand in right away, it will get ugly for a bit, but that's normal.
Also, it's not recommended to add anemone so early on, see where the tank is in 6 months then revisit the possibilities.