Hello Everyone! I'm new here

Pellco

Hi. I'm new to this site and find it very helpful. Just ordered a 150 deep dimension tank with corner over flow. New to reef tanks and look forward to everyone's opinion on what equipment to buy and the best way to go about the set up.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. Best advice is to take it very slow and read everything you can. You can get lots of good information on forums and some misinformation. The majority you'll get here is spot on. So get several opinions before you leap in to making a decisions. One of the best things I can tell you is to take what your LFS (local fish store) tells you with a grain of salt until you get to know them well. Some out there are very informative and do what's best for you and your tank but there are tons of horror stories about those who just try to sell you as much as they can whether it's good or bad for your set up. I have a couple of good ones near me, but I've still been led astray by a not so knowledgeable employee, ie was told to get crushed coral for my substrate which I learned after the fact is a set up to produce more nitrates in your tank. Go with reef grade sand if you want a sandy substrate is my advice. Anyway, ask any questions that you have and you'll get lots of good advice here. Good luck!

janaya

Welcome. Lots of good folks here. There are great discussions on just about every reefing topic you could think of.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us - we love pics :)

Pellco

Thanks for the advice. Been taken it slow. I have watched countless You tube videos, much research on the web for the past 3 months. I just purchased the tank and nothing else. Want to know the best equipment to get and the best way to go about the setup.Will post my questions in another forum. Thanks for the welcome.