Has it died or will life find a way.

Guys,

I’ve got a white torch ‘I think that’s what it’s called, When I started stocking my tank with coral I positioned it where I thought it would be OK next to three different types of hammers. My hammers have grown like wild fire :))) and in the process they have stung and killed my torch :)(). The torch was glued in place and I was reluctant to move it, but last night I broke it off the back of the tank and placed it in the sand. The little guy that lives in one of the heads seems fine and still fans in and out but the white torch tentacles melted weeks ago. Will they ever come back or is this coral dead?

Before

c1319f24.jpg

After

add05a80.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've seen a few corals come back from being dead for a while, but I doubt that will happen with the torch. If you have the space I'd leave it in and see what happens.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Torch coral are usually pretty hardy & fairly easy to keep, I am thinking he must have been sick when you got him...
696.gif

Torch coral are usually pretty hardy & fairly easy to keep, I am thinking he must have been sick when you got him...
696.gif

IMO they are exactly the opposite. The hardest of all the euphilia species to keep successfully... frogspawn/hammer much easier, and much more potent stings (as the OP found out :()