Harveymeister's RSM S-500

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
How's your Anthias going??? And any other general updates on how the tank is doing?? :yup: :D

Sorry I have been away for a while, real life kicked into high gear lately. I have some bad news, I came home the other day to find my Anthias dead. I am not sure what happened. I gave him a place to hide and feel safe, and he was eating great. It was a real disappointment. I was really hoping he would make it out of QT. I have read that they can be a little finicky. Any ideas?

sent from my HTC Razor using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Choff

How often did you feed? Anthias need to be fed 2 or 3 times a day. I lost a few before I figured that out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry about your loss....From what I've read, Anthias are hard to keep. Think I'll not try one. :(
Hope the rest of your fish & corals are doing good.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Sorry to hear this, like choff said anthais need regular small feeds. Cyclopeze is a food that they seem to love. It's gutting to loose a fish, I know how your feeling as I lost my naso this week.

Alan

Choff

Males do best in harems. Females you can keep solo. You can add females at different times to, it's not like a mated pair thing. I have had my male for a year, but lost 3 or 4 females along the way. I currently have 2 females and may add another pair.

The good thing about them is they are fast, aggressive top feeders so any additional feedings I do I can put a small amt of food in and they will be fine. So I don't fear overfeeding the tank with multiple feeds

How often did you feed? Anthias need to be fed 2 or 3 times a day. I lost a few before I figured that out.

I fed him 3-4 times a day. He was eating Mysis like crazy. I also gave him Cyclopese. Not sure what happened to him.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Really sorry to hear this mate :( he was such a pretty fish :( Hopefully you can figure out why though

How's the rest of the tank doing?

The rest of the tank is doing great! My Frags are really kicking off nicely. I will get some updated pics soon.

Tokalosh

That was a great looking fish I'm sorry you lost it, but at the end of the day some things are sent to test us.

Tok

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How's the tank doing Chris? What's NEW with You?
We could sure use an UPdate with some pictures! :D

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Any updates on the tank mate?? :) Would love to hear how you're going and what the tanks like :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:swmfish: HELLO CHRIS...
....thought I'd stop in and add some life to your thread!
:swmfish:
:swmfish: Hope all is good with You & Your Tank :swmfish:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
8 months now and no activity..............please stop in and let us know how's it going. Good or bad, happy or sad.