Hard coral vs Green Star

The good news is that everything is growing well and seam to be happy. My concern is the GSP encroaching on the hard coral; what will happen? do I need to do anything?
Tim

Stacef

Definately cut it off. I actually have GSP growing from the base of my zoas up. All that is left of a colony is just the heads of the zoas, I have to get in there soon and save them or the zoas will be gone..

I cut it with a raser blade then tried to peal it off of the rock but it is stuck very tight. Is there a way to remove it in one piece?
Thanks,
Tim

Frankie

RS STAFF
Your gonna need bigger tools.

frontpagenews2.jpg

reefer4200

haha thats awesome frankie!! Im not even sure THAT could damage a large colony of GSP!!! Anyways......I have used the hard bristle toothbrushes and literally just brush it off. make sure its hard bristles not the soft ones that might work!! Good luck

lcstorc

Usually you can scrape part of the matt off with a razor blade. Some let it grow on the back wall and then you can get a piece off easily on the smooth surface.
I would get it away from your coral but if you want more, just put a rock next to the GSP and it will grow onto the rock. Then you can just cut the two rocks apart.