Hammer Problem

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
How quickly did this happen? Any other details you can tell us? Any "slime" on the part that was decaying?

Man that sucks! I so want a Wall-Hammer!

dennyamy

Happend rather quickly, I was just talking to my local expert. She thinks it could have been a combo of to much direct flow and my clowns bothering it. I agree

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
What are your parameters particularly {alk/cal} ? What size tank and how much flow ? How long have you had it ?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Happend rather quickly, I was just talking to my local expert. She thinks it could have been a combo of to much direct flow and my clowns bothering it. I agree

What's "Rather quickly"? If you mean few hours then it's most likely some variant of "BJD" (Brown Jelly Disease). It's a VERY fast killer and usually comes from some type of "injury". I've had my clown "Love them to death" not even realizing it's hurting them. I've heard the "Wall" variety seem to be damaged more easily due to the harshness of it's on skeleton.

Hopefully the rest will be just fine.

new reefer 03

theres a good chance it could be too much flow, but thaty crab is just sitting right by it, staring it down thinking "i found my dinner."...

untilthen

did you bump it or anything else bump it... sometimes when the skin tears they get a infection and die off...