Greetings!

JulesVane

Hello everyone! My name is Chris from Upstate N.Y., Hudson Valley. I'm kinda' "re-born" to this hobby as I was very much into it some 15+ yrs. ago with a 125 gal. reef tank...Long story short, in the Winter of '96, we had 14 major snow storms back to back in my area and we went 4 days without power. No generator and lost EVERYTHING! $10,000 worth of my favorite things in my world...GONE! Don't know quite how I got the "bug" again, but here I am in full swing! I've now got a 90 gal. tank built into a wall in my new home. 200+ pounds of live rock. A 4 ft. metal halide lighting system containing 3/ 175 watt 14,000k MH and 2/ 48" true actinics. I'm using my old wet/dry as my sump with a ETSS Sump Buddy 40 protein skimmer and 300 watt heater. About 70 lbs. of live sand as substrate. I keep 2 units of Chemi-Pure Elite in the sump. The tank has been up and running for less than 3 months. Temp. 77...PH 8.4...Ammonia 0...Nitrite 0...Nitrate <20ppm...Salinity 1.024. Actinics on 12 hrs. per day & MH on 10 hrs..I do a 10 gal..water change every weekend. Still having diatom issues, but I know the tank is new. Looking forward to reading your experiences and sharing mine.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

WayneT

WELCOME

If you can use one you might want to look into triple fuel generators. A lot easier to deal with than a gas generator.