Got a qt tank

lcstorc

Sounds like things are exciting there.
Hope they calm down a bit.
Call me if you need me.
Peace
Lynn

ScubaDrew

I think this kind of thing happens a lot more than most people would admit... Any time I'm worried I think about poor Mel who electrocuted her husband! (sorry Mel!)

Melanie

I think this kind of thing happens a lot more than most people would admit... Any time I'm worried I think about poor Mel who electrocuted her husband! (sorry Mel!)

he he he. Yeah, I have more things like that in my chronicle than I care to admit.....turning off all the pumps and powerheads and going out for the night....only using half my lights for a month because I didn't realize they were switched off....electrocuting my husband....flooding my kitchen....putting sand fleas in my tank by accident.... knock on wood, it's been about a month since I did anything really stupid.

ASH

he he he. Yeah, I have more things like that in my chronicle than I care to admit.....turning off all the pumps and powerheads and going out for the night....only using half my lights for a month because I didn't realize they were switched off....electrocuting my husband....flooding my kitchen....putting sand fleas in my tank by accident.... knock on wood, it's been about a month since I did anything really stupid.

LOL yea I'm accident prone too. We just got our carpet shampooed yesterday because of all the kool-aid spills (I spill everything)

We have these little white swirly spots on our glass that you have to scratch off. What is this??? I can't get a good pic their too small.

ASH

Me and Ben we're watching the fish in the qt tank and noticed that they we're becoming real aggressive and ganging up on our domino damsel. And I really haven't been doing well with the tank. I was good about doing the wc but sometimes would forget to put in the copper. So we made the decision to put the fish back in the display tank. I'm sure the ich is not gone and my fish were still scratching on stuff in the qt tank. So they we're not getting better and we thought that if they we're not going to make it at least they would be happier in the display tank.

So we moved one fish at a time doing a freshwater dip to each fish b4 the entered the display tank. Well our Domino damsel didn't make it. He was stressed out in the qt tank because everyone was nipping at him and chasing him around. His tail and fins looked frayed.

I know what we did was a rash decision but are willing to deal with the consequences.

We have now decided that if our fish don't make it, we're gonna wait for 2 months or so (so we know the ich in our display tank is gone) and get one big fish. We want something unique that is reef safe and won't eat our inverts. Anyone got any suggestions.

lcstorc

Well if you weren't keeping up on the treatment there was really no point in having them in the qt particularly if they were stressed there. The only real damage is what you already know about having ich in the display. Many of our display tanks (including mine) have ich in them. We just hope that the fish's immune system can fight it off. Often they can until something stresses them out so your guys might be fine even with the ich. I know how difficult it is to watch them struggle and I am sorry you lost the domino. Keep up good maintenance on the display and hopefully the fish will fight it off on their own.
Do keep in mind though if you get any new fish they will be exposed to ich when they are new and stressed out when you add them to the tank.
I hope the rest of them make it for you.
Hmm 1 fish reef and invert safe for a 29g tank. I'll have to think about that one. I usually go for the little fish or the really big fish. Gotta think of one that is showy but not too big for your tank.
Hopefully the current inhabitants will make it and you won't have to worry about that.

Craig Manoukian

As a general rule 5 gallons per 1" of adult fish will limit your selection to one adult 5" fish or two adult 2 1/2" fish. 29 gallons les 4 gallons for LR and sand = 25 net gallons max.

HTH