Got a qt tank

KodiakBear

I should add gas and car parts into the cost of my tank for all the homedepot trips!
rofl.gif

Any project worth doing is worth the 8 trips to the hardware store it will take to get all the parts you forgot. :dryer: At least that's what I've been trying convince my wife of. :contract:

lcstorc

Glad you got things working and got off to work yourself. Hopefully mr goby will be feeling a bit better when you get home. He still has a tough battle ahead but I know how hard it is to watch an animal suffer like that and it really stinks.
Yes we often find ourselves making many trips to the store to complete a given project. Somehow something always gets left off of the list or you don't know you need it, or you break the first one. Grr. Very frustrating.
Glad you got the pump working. Good idea Al. Obviously you sent her in the right direction on that one. Glad she had you to help out when needed.

ASH

Yea I don't know about mr. goby. When I did the water change it really freaked him out and he started "rolling". I was like omg omg omg!!!!! Don't do that!!!!

If he pulls through this it will be a complete miracle.

lcstorc

Miracles do happen. Keep sending him positive vibes.
Hey aren't you supposed to be at work now anyway?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
rofl.gif

Any project worth doing is worth the 8 trips to the hardware store it will take to get all the parts you forgot. :dryer: At least that's what I've been trying convince my wife of. :contract:

Luckily I work for a building supply company and am surrounded by all this neat "stuff" day in and day out. But even with that I have made MANY trips down here and back home only to turn around in 10 minutes to come back. Again luckily for me I only live 90 seconds away.

Keep up the good work Ash! You have a strong support group here (and I bathed this morning) trying to help you along.

Allen

ASH

I just got home and found the goby laying on his back so I got my net to get him out and he started swimming really crazy then went back to laying on his back. I know he's dying but what should I do...I mean I know he's not gonna make it....should I flush him?

lcstorc

I would leave him be. Sometimes they make miraculous recoveries.
If he is still swimming (event when prompted) then there is still some measure of hope.

BEELZEBOB

ahh shucks, that sux ass.

you should dig him a lil grave. dump a lil 40oz out for the lil guy too.

my back yard has 3 lil mini tombstones.

you gotta give em' respect.

75reef

sorry for your loss as well. I know the feeling all too well, just lost a fire fish yesterday in my quarantine tank. Water parameters were fine, just got him a week prior. Must have been a sick fish from the get-go. Only that last day did he show a couple small signs with a little bit of ruffled flesh. You had to look really close to even see it.

ASH

Flo (royal gramma) had a near death experience today.

So the tank is looking kinda dirty. And OCD me has to clean it. I took everything out of the tank except the fish. Well as i'm putting this stuff in a bucket here comes flo pouring out of this cup and fell in the empty bucket. I scramble to get her back in the water, freaking out cuz she's in this bucket with no water. I put her back in the tank and she's freaked out swimming upside down like the goby did right before he passed. So of course I start hysterically crying because I've killed another fish!!!!! Then Ben walks in the door (it's raining today he's home early from work). He calms me down and tells me this story of a fish they use to have that fell out and survived. So we watch her struggle to get back normal again and soon after she does. Of course I put everything back in the tank to give her hiding places because I know she's still stressed out. She goes and hides and about 2 hours later she pops out and is now swimming with everyone else. So she's ok now.

I'm not touching that tank anymore today.

Oh and I soaked their mysis shrimp in garlic and I guess I used too much garlic because they didn't eat it but ate some flake food.