Good camera for the fishies and coral?

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
I want a good camera!..
Is there any good digital video cameras that do good macro (I think its called) shots.. close up still pics?.
I don't need anything professional just something under 300 that would be decent

Maybe stupid question... I know nothing about cameras.. thanks!

....over and out!.

ChrisY

Same here. i bought a digital camera and it works ok, but I really think to get a good Macro for coral/fish closeups I need an SLR camera with a good macro lens. Still debating on what to get for that that wont sink the ship price wise.

ChrisY

Hey Mitchell, since you are the man, i would love your input on cameras as well! And we need more shots of Monte! :)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I just got an Olloclip to play with my iphone camera for macro shots. Here are a couple I took. They could be better but these little guys are constantly on the move. It's been fun to play with.
a1fc6979.jpg

b9eb1d58.jpg

olloclip(TM)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
yes, I was highly impressed when I look at an enlarged version on my pc and could see the dots on their eyes.

Mitchell

Hi folks. I just got home from a weekend away...added some new corals to my tank and checked on Monte. I'm heading out for a bit and I will post some info when I return tonight.