Go Away Fay!!!!!

Anyone jealous of where I live????
Well, as I sit here taking a break from gathering up anything loose in my yard, tying my boats down, and starting the generator to make sure I can keep at least some of my tanks running...I think about all of my friends who say stuff like,... "man your so lucky",.. "I wish I could live here",etc...well this is the down side, the "Pay" in,... "you have to pay to play"...just waiting for the storm......sucks.

If anyone out there could send me some " good vibes" to blow this storm away from my SPS systems, I would greatly appreciate it-Dave

I've done the Minnesota winter,( followed a girl there during my single days) ( your right ,...BAD,.BRRRRRRR) but whats the "upside" to Minnesota again,..I forget LOL you just made me feel allot better.

melusina

I'm sending vibes for the both of us. I live on a canal and if she hits west of us at high tide :snrkl: I was scraping barnacles out of my pool for months after Hurricane Dennis - not to mention being unable to live in my house.

Funny, no one wants to come and visit next week. Oh well, I guess its the price we pay for living in "paradise".

Be safe.

I know they are saying it's not going to hit until Monday, but,...it sure looks weird outside right now, dark and windy,... very dark.

lcstorc

If she moves away from you she wull likely move away from me. You kow I am sending good wishes.

lcstorc

I;ve lived in Fl all my life. It is still too far out for anything resembline and accurate track.

BigJay

they are predicting a category 1 at my door late Monday or Tuesday. Thank goodness , now I won't have to pay someone to clean the palm trees this year :) . As long as we don't have power outages for days I'm not worried.
Hopefully you guys won't flood out in the Key's. Such a pain in the butt for you guys getting out during the storms.

lcstorc

Looks like we are going to be on the edges of this one. As long as it is not a fread like Charlie it should just be a nasty day. Best wishes to those who are closer to the path. Having lived in Cutler Ridge during Andrew I have a very healthy respect for these storms.

mps9506

at200806_model.gif

Still pretty wide path it could take to the north. I know all us surfers are just hoping it stays out over water just sending heavy swell... I really figured she would have swung north by now.

lcstorc

Only one takes her directly over me and that is after she crosses the state. Looks like we will just have bad weather. Good news for us and bad for others. Hope everybody is ok.

melusina

There's one projection bringing her in right on top of us as well, but as we all know, she could change paths multiple times in the next 36 hours. I always feel guilty wishing it would go somewhere else, kinda like sending out bad wishes to other people, so I'm hoping she'll just curve, miss FL and land altogether, and blow out to sea. For those of you in the path further south, hopefully she'll stay relatively weak and won't strengthen over water.

BigJay

the projected path has moved a little west over the course of the last 18 hours. Which is good for me but bad news for everyone else. The longer it spends in the gulf the meaner it should become. The gulf is like a jacuzzi right now as far as water temps.

Hope everything turns out o.k. for all of you located in Fay's path.
I don't care what anyone says about winters being worse than hurricanes.
Ive lived up here all my life, and have never had the destruction that a hurricane can bring. Fallen tree branches and power outages is nothing compared to storm surge and houses destroyed.
Good luck to you all.