Go Away Fay!!!!!

lcstorc

I'm shure they were. I used to be one of them but had to learn the hard way years ago. The flooding is actually getting worse as the storm drains back up. In one place on the news the water had risen over a foot this morning and is now waist deep. They showed people in a small boat without oars so they were using shovels. Apparently they didn't have enough water stored.
I feel so lucky here.

nikkipigtails

That's how it was after Ivan. The attorney I used to work for lives in Perdido Key and he was unable to get to his house for over a month. Partly because of flooding, but mostly because the road was washed away.

We're under a Tropical Storm Watch right now.

nikkipigtails

You know how people talk about the "calm before the storm"? You understand what that means if you've been through a hurricane. The weather here is beautiful right now, not a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately, it will begin to deteriorate quickly probably by tonight. Going to get some grocery shopping done this afternoon, maybe go by the movie store and get ready for a long, rainey weekend at home.

melusina

Good grief, Lynn. I just saw on the Weather Chanel that you've gotten 33 inches of rain in Cocoa. That's absolutely mind boggling.

nikkipigtails

Holy drenched cow! The thing that stinks about this storm is that it's moving so slowly. There was another hurricane that hit us that did the same thing. I want to say it was Dennis, but I can't remember. Whichever one it was, it was stalled over the gulf for an entire day until it made landfall. We were just east of the eye so we got the worst of it.

lcstorc

Yep, It's pretty wet here. Some places they are going house by house with boats to see if anybody is stuck inside. Kind of like Katrina but on a much smaller scale of course. Water is still rising in some places. Ours is starting to go down here.
Hopefully all will be well with you.

nikkipigtails

Yep, Fay made it's 4th landfall and it'll hit us sometime tonight. The wind and rain has already picked up and the rain is nearly coming down sideways. We've picked up everything that can be tossed around by the wind and we're going to have a little TS Fay party here tonight with the neighbors. Nothing like friends, poker, beer, junk food and bad weather to make for a good time. The most we have to worry about is the flooding. Luckily, it looks like it's moving a bit quicker than it did over south FL. We've got drainage ditches in our front yard so I just hope they don't get backed up. If that's the case, we can expect water in our front door.

BigJay

just pulled this from aol report on Fay

"Proving that a slow-moving tropical storm can be as deadly and damaging as a hurricane, Fay killed at least 11 people in Florida and one in Georgia, emergency officials said."

"The 11 people killed in Florida and one in Georgia bring the death toll from Fay to at least 35. A total of 23 died in Haiti and the Dominican Republic from flooding."

"The Office of Insurance Regulation reported Saturday that roughly 6,700 homeowners filed claims"

Without saying I told you so I hope everyone that laughed at this storm takes notice.

lcstorc

Hope everybody reports in soon.
We're fine here except for a very squishy yard and the tree in the back. Can't move it until the water drains.

nikkipigtails

Well, Fay rotated around us this weekend, but it's come back around to rain on us today. Luckily, it's not a TS or a TD, it's just really bad weather.

seafansar

Nothing too bad happened here. The power went out for a few hours and off and on after that. My friend in Jacksonville wasn't so lucky though. :( The street in front of their apartment.
n25104987_33136457_2177.jpg

and yes they are crazy people. lol