Glenn's RSM 130D

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

I have to agree with Glenn that the RSM looks great and I also have had no problems at all for the past 10 months, apart from a few coral losses, however I just think I can get a lot more for my money if I branch out for a slightly bigger tank than the 250 ... If the upcoming 500 was going to be half the price than expected I would probably want that but hey ho .... eeeeek!

Setragni

Found a new baby Trochus snail today - very neat - he is a little smaller than a dime - first 1st snail that have re-produced & grown to a good size :)

Full Tank Shot

IMG_0876a.jpg

Glenn your tank look so beautiful its hard to believe it is running STOCK!
Good job!

slyf2007

Very nice clown fish Glenn.!

I just got a black one and an orange one on Sat and they are constantly together. I think when I put them in the tank they come together because my yellow tail was bullying them. Now the yellow tail seems to mainly be leaving them alone.

Love the coral top front centre not sure what its name is but it looks really healthy. I’ve got something similar but I think it’s to low in the tank as it doesn’t look anywhere near as nice as yours.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Thanks Steve he is a Scroll Turbinaria Ruffled Ridge Coral

The Turbinaria Ruffled Ridge Coral is small polyp stony (SPS) coral. Other Turbinaria species may be referred to as Pagoda, Turban, Cup, Vase, Bowl, or Scroll Corals. The genus name, Turbinaria, is derived from the Greek word turbinatus (cone-shaped) because it usually grows in a conical or cup shape while living on the reef. It may also be found in the form of cups, ruffled ridges, plates, vases, or scrolls. It may grow horizontally or vertically. Although the Turbinaria Corals may be bright yellow, green, brown, gray, or cream, the Ruffled Ridge Coral is generally yellow to green. A number of species may extend their polyps during the day or night while in an aquarium.
Turbinaria sp. vary in the amount of care they require. Those that are highly convoluted or thin plates, like this one, are the most difficult to care for. It is a peaceful reef inhabitant and does not bother other corals that are placed in close proximity to it. However, it should still be provided with ample space away from other corals because it does grow quickly. It will require a medium light level combined with a medium water movement within the aquarium. For its continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.

It will benefit from additional food in the form of brine shrimp or plankton.

Bloody hell Glenn is their anything you don’t know about that coral.

Thanks for the information, interesting read. Next time I have a question I’ll be coming to you for an answer.

Cheers Steve