GlennF's reefing heaven!

glennf

thanks guys!
For both your votes and support!

:hug1:

congrats for winning Tank of the Year!!

Thanks for sharing! Glad to see you have your priorities in order.

:yehoo:CONGRATULATIONS GlennF on being
Selected as Reef Sanctuary's
2014 TANK of the YEAR :yehoo:

Congrats on tank of the year. I am sure your very busy as this is the nice weather time of the year. Enjoy

Congrats for TOTY!!! ;)

Congrats on Tank of the Year!!

Congrats on Tank of the Year - well deserved !

Congratulations, well deserved!!!!!

Congrats Glenn!

glennf

Great work on the tank and sharing DSR With hobbyist.

Thanks..
My objective is to show there are other ways than mainstream which can be succesfull.
And why keep it for myself when the time was already spend developing it for myself.

greetings, GlennF

glennf

Sooooo..... i've been busy

Just a quick update

15080590920_70895f2d33_b.jpg

greetings, GlennF

glennf

I living testament to what T5's and great husbandry skills can do !!!

Gorgeous healthy thriving corals !!!

Thanks !

T5 and MH has proven themselves for a long time, so why challenge it. I love innovations, but only if i can reason a benefit out of new technology.
For now i have not found a good reason yet.

Good husbandry skills account for ~20% of my tanks health and growth.
I guess 60% is due to understanding reef chemistry and applying it to the full advantage.
Guess about 10% i would say is a wild chart, because we can never understand all of lifes mysterious ways.

Controlling 90% (more or less) seems like a reasonable margin, If i look around for percentage of people who are quiting the hobby in the first year, because the can't seem to manage keeping things alive in their tank.

I found out that most corals can take a lot more abuse than most people think. Considering that ... you can see how way off you are getting when things start going south.:rolleyes:

greetings, GlennF

glennf

The gaps inbetween the isles are being filled with corals growing towards each other.
15285513842_fc937b3edc_c.jpg

greetings, GlennF

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank and photos are stunning as usual! :) you should be awfully proud :yup:
Do you keep any deepwater species of acropora?? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them if you do!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Mate, I know the reason for that question :LOL:

Man I am on a HARDCORE hunt on getting some :laughroll I've hopefully got some pieces on the way but I've got Eastwood on the hunt for some acropora jacquelineae for me as it's quite rare and those guys have their knowhow with acro's so they're on the hunt for me, fingers crossed they can get some!!

glennf

Tank and photos are stunning as usual! :) you should be awfully proud :yup:
Do you keep any deepwater species of acropora?? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them if you do!

Thanks,
My tank is full, if i had the space i would have bought any specie i could get my hands on.
There a lot of nice stuff out there.

I could remove some double colonies, but those places are not suitable for all corals because limited lighting due to shadow from other corals

greetings, GlennF

glennf

recap:

16sept2014
15080590920_70895f2d33_c.jpg

19sept2014 front
15242235250_fc5794eacf_c.jpg

19sept2014 back
15428991175_9284b5fd64_c.jpg

19sept2014 Acropora Frags
15405940686_0fed815187_c.jpg

19sept2014 mixed frags