Giving advice

cracker

So MNRAM, You increased the lighting and Your corals are looking better? I did the same recently and mine are looking better. The whole time I thought the lighting was enough!

MNRAM

Hey Cracker

Yeah my leathers came out and then the next day they all went back in, and
have been sucked up since then. Only one stayed out and then my Condy anemone
moved right above the leather and droops all over it. And now that leather is sucked up.

Then to top it all off, I've lost all of my Montis. I have two little pieces left as though I fragged them. I read where they could be decimated by nudibrancs. There would have to be hundreds to destroy all of the montis in two days. The village was about 11 inches long and 7 inches wide, they were starting on the next layer.
That's only one village. There was another village on the other side of a rock from the big village. It was about half the size of the major village.

I read on this site that low PH and KH might do it, they both were marginal of being low. So, I took a water sample to my LFS. All of my perms were good except I was a little low on calcium. I was also told that I am the fifth person to have their Montis decimated. After we were trying to figure it out
it popped into my head that maybe something cosmic, because all of the other corals are doing great.
I've had the monties for about 2 years with no problems.

It must be KARMA for posting this thread.

MNRAM

One more tip ... start a tank thread, share your tank with us, post lots of pics

be active in others tank threads, sharing thoughts & advise or just posting compliments & encouragement

then in your thread... when you ask for help, I bet you will get even more help ... at least that seems to be my observation from reading lots of post

Hey bud
I'm still having trouble downloading pics from my PC to RS. I get as far as add media, I click on it and I can't find where to download from PC to RS. I'm getting close, I can feel it. I did get some new pics from my PC to Photobucket.

Thanks for your help.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I did get some new pics from my PC to Photobucket.

If you got this... your seconds away from pics showing up :)

at Photobucket right click on a pic, select copy image address

then in a post, click on the Image icon (looks like a little picture frame with mountain & sun) right click & paste the URL (image address) there and it will show up

silver97

Going back to what you originally posted about being frustrated that no one answers your posts much, sometimes I get mad about that too but I don't really sweat it much. If no one on here answers my question, I find it helps to directly email an online service that will , for lack of better terms, be forced to answer you. There are many different websites that sell various equipment for saltwater tanks, and what some people don't know is that you can email them with virtually any questions you have about your tank and they will to the best of their abilities answer it.
I'm not saying it's better than getting advice from people on here, not saying it's worse either, but it helps if you extend your possibilities of getting an answer in any capacity from multiple sources especially considering you were potentially losing your corals (Basically, don't use this website as your sole outlet of input from other reefers). I did that and the site got back to me in one day giving me more than enough info on an upgrade I was trying to make. Hope this helps

MNRAM

Thanks Silver97. I have since done that, I'll no longer depend on these sites for info.

Take care