Giant polyp, any idea of name?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Zoanthus_Pulchellus is what they are. Sea Mat. Hardy and will spread at a medium rate over the rocks.

Rue

You guys are good! Thanks! Wonder if I can get the tentacles to come out if I tease them with a little Cyclopeeze?

Rue

...I just fed them Cyclopeeze...

The cupped portion just curled inwards and then the top closed off...not a tentacle to be seen...

Boy! They were hungry! LOL...

There are also 2, or even 3 different types on that rock total...and a lone renegade mushroom! However, I think it's the same type of mushroom I already have...so I didn't get too excited...

mzreenie

I have several individual palys like that which were hitchhikers on my LR. They roll in their edges when disturbed by the crabs or fish, and sometimes it does take them quite a while to open back up. Some of them are kind of a drab brown color, but several have the pretty green inside. Mine seem to like bright light and those that are closer to the light are doing better than those lower in the tank. I don't feed them, and they are growing.

Rue

Mine sound like yours. I keep checking on them. It's been 3 days...still no tentacles...and the edges remain rolled in...

showjyr

I don't mean to hijack but I thought maybe some of you detectives might know what this one is.......yes it's really that big, prolly three inches in back of the pinkish ones in front and it still dwarfs them. They've been a pissed off since I moved them into my new tank but the polyps get to around 1 1/2".

2009_02020012.jpg