Gender of reefers

Are you a male or female saltwater enthusiast?

• Total voters

justsunnie

Hi all, Greg here. My girlfriend brought up an interesting question today....
She was wondering if most reefers were guys. I told her it seemed like about 70/30 here, but I'm not here alot, so would like to submit a poll to get an estimate of the gender ratio of reefers (and saltwater fish tankers).
So here is the poll...please vote!

Thanks,
Greg

:winner:

Wow--so far your estimate isn't far off!

Female reefer here!

rebekwl

While the tank belongs to both my husband and I, and we both enjoy watching it, I am the one who does all the research, RS, and according to him I am always "messing with the damn thing too much!!" So here's another mermaid!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Reef Dude here!

But thrilled so many "reefettes" are here.. it's an equal opportunity hobby wheret here is NO reason why (and it's usually the case) the chick does a better job.. I think we guys are just muddying the Salt Water.. :LOL:

Allen

murkywaters

geez...for some reason the jingle from that old commercial is stuck in my head now...''I can bring home the bacon...fry it up in a pan...''
Doing all the housework and making a living used to mean liberation. Now we can pick one or the other or even share both loads. But I love that jingle anyway.

murkywaters

I for one am glad to see more women getting into reefing. I think that this should be a field for all to enjoy together. And I have to disagree with a earlier comment that women don't get into the science or are as mechanically inclined. I have known several women that love research in science and enjoy getting their hands dirty...and it is fun to watch!
you're getting karma

murkywaters

I'm a math geek who is mechanically inclined ,in construction and I can cook, clean and dress up when I want. Women have never had it better and it's still getting better.